Need help for configuration

Posted by Looping Murdock 
Need help for configuration
Date: March 11, 2010 08:48PM
Posted by: Looping Murdock
Hello
I need your help to configure my PC to run GP3.
I've tried to install some bellini tracks but the game is very slow.
I've got an ATI RADEON HD 3650 for graphic on Vista...

Can you help me ?
Re: Need help for configuration
Date: March 12, 2010 12:26AM
Posted by: mortal
Download the latest drivers, set the exe to run (in gpx_patch) to 1. Set the properties to Win98 compatibility. Set verbosity to medium. That card should run GP4. :-) In game push O to see the processor occupancy.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 12, 2010 10:34PM
It doesn't work. I've installed the last driver, set the compatibility and the processor occupancy is over 800% !!! I don't understand what's happens...very bad news...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2010 10:34PM by Looping Murdock.
Date: March 12, 2010 10:44PM
Posted by: auscain
It would be very helpful if you could tell us the processor and ram that you have on board. Just get us the numbers for those two.
I do remember that problem with GP 3. It's probably nothing to do with the video card.
Date: March 12, 2010 10:54PM
Ok :
Processor : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ 2.40GHz
Ram : 3.00 Go

I think it's a good configuration. it worked very well with the first hard drive but I had to change due to a problem. Since reinstalling the game, nothing works...

Now I've installed the ATI Radeon HD 3600 instead of the 3650. I don't know if I can't return to the other configuration.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2010 10:55PM by Looping Murdock.
Date: March 12, 2010 11:17PM
It must be 10 years since I worked on this so there’s a lot that I forget. So hopefully someone else has a short answer.

Did you do a clean install?

You probably should do a clean install, and then you are going to have to tweak the graphics.
See if you can find a graphics configuration that works with the mod.
Date: March 12, 2010 11:51PM
Posted by: harjinator
have you got AA and AF enabled in Catalyst Control Center? That can cause horribly high PO since GP3 doesn't support it. Also, are you running with GPxPatch? and if so is the debug mode on? i had issues a while ago with Vista and the debug mode on GPxPatch causing stupid PO...

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: March 13, 2010 12:23AM
That’s right turn off Anti Aliasing. Also you did install the 2k patch? just checking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2010 09:02PM by auscain.
Date: March 13, 2010 01:38PM
AA and F are application manageded and I don't use GpxPatch.
Maybe I can run on software mode ?
Date: March 13, 2010 06:02PM
Okay at this stage I must point out a few things.

To run bellini tracks you must have GpxPatch installed. Also I believe the bellini tracks are GP3_2K compatible only.

With the Tracks you downloaded there was a readme file looks like this:- valencia.html

The rest of the information you need to set everything up correctly is in GP3FAQ
I hope this helps

:-) Go ahead and post again if you need more help.
Date: March 14, 2010 12:05PM
Ok. I'll try to use GPxPatch but i've got problem too with basic tracks like melbourne or Hungary...
Date: March 21, 2010 01:48PM
My problem is still the same.
Sometime the processor occupation run at 40% and sometimes it runs at 500% !!!
I don't know what to do...
Can you help me please I'm going crazy lol
Date: March 21, 2010 09:19PM
Try saving games state when it’s working and loading game state. Also when you exit deselect save settings. Try both separately.

Also you can have a look here [www.grandprixgames.org] Probably not a lot of help just a few ideas problems others have had.
Date: March 21, 2010 10:39PM
Thanks for the topic but I don't find a solution in it.
Your soluions doesn't work ever...
But I've found that the game works when there is raining condition...
Date: March 21, 2010 11:12PM
LoL now you’re going to get very good at driving in the rain.

As I said earlier it’s been a long time since I had that problem and I do not remember how to fix it. I also remember it work in the wet of course it is something to do with the graphics and physics. (I) Try loading the physics through GPxPach. Go too GPxSet check physics box open the file folder, gpxpdata select the physics file gp3-2000 open. Load the correct physics file something like:- gp3_2000/belini/____
Date: March 22, 2010 10:32AM
Ok but my problem still here when I've got the basic configuration at the ame installation. Without bellini tracks, without any news carset.
Date: March 22, 2010 09:09PM
The specs on your computer seem entirely capable of running Grand Prix 3. Try and troubleshoot that this stage did you try 800 by 600 resolution lose some of the settings to see what happens.
Date: March 22, 2010 10:51PM
I'v tried but no...the game works when the weather is bad...I'm pretty good under the rain but it's limited lol
Date: March 23, 2010 01:27AM
Is it possible to re-install the old graphics card to the one before ATI 3650, also what compatibility mode are you using? Can you go to (system summary) copy and paste that? Search system info.
Something tying up the processor or Ram?
Date: March 24, 2010 06:36AM
[www.grandprixgames.org]

this may help!

Thanks Belini.

G
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy