Posted by Johnny 
1988 Menu Pic
Date: August 04, 2003 03:36AM
Posted by: Johnny
Does anyone know of any?
Re: 1988 Menu Pic
Date: August 06, 2003 04:26AM
Posted by: TheSmokingPen
Yep - made some, as a matter of fact, to go with my 1988 carset. All of which and sundry other goodies can be found at my GP3 Pages.

The Pen

Date: August 07, 2003 10:21AM
Posted by: bazamatraz
Do you mean team art, or menu background pictures ?

I have created menu background picture sets for all of the years 1987-90, and 1992-93, am currently using the 1988 set, as are a few work friends of mine that I gave copies to - but as for how I can make this available to the web community, I've basically given up ! as there seems no way at the moment to get a login on this site* which would enable me to upload the files - see the other "How do I get a login?" thread (link below)

[grandprix3.com]

* or any other site ?

Date: August 07, 2003 01:13PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
[www.grandprixgamer.com]

has an even easier file upload procedure than this website,
and they are literally begging for new Grand Prix 3 addon files.
Date: August 07, 2003 05:30PM
Thanks for the advice JackiMatra (?),

I did try uploading a couple of my updates on the
[www.grandprixgamer.com] site about 2 weeks ago, and it seemed to work (I got some kind of "file accepted" or "thanks for your file" message when it appeared to have finished) ..

... but the files have yet to appear, so either it didn't really work, or maybe they haven't got round to updating their site yet (it is the holiday season, after all !!! )

As to all the other sites, none of them will accept GP3 uploads anymore, only GP4 - which is a bit of a mystery to me (and most of my work colleagues I play against agree with me here), which is, why would anyone play GP4 instead of the previous version after trying both ?! (it's shite, I've seen so-called "arcade" games that look a lot more realistic, but more important, the playability makes it so easy it's a joke!)

However, I digress ... I've just seen Bruno's message on the front page of this site, with regard to the fact that he now has access to the backlog of e-mails etc. that were not getting through from the past few weeks , so I will wait a while longer and see if he can provide me with a login after all.

Cheers

Date: August 07, 2003 06:12PM
[www.speedsims.com]

expressed concern that they have a GP3 section with hardly any files and would certainly like to have more in their downloads section.

As for GrandPrixGamer.com, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that they're on vacation, as they are usually very quick to post files sent to them.
Date: August 15, 2003 01:09AM
For anyone still interested, I finally got a login yesterday (yippee!!), but have only had time to upload one set (1988 backgrounds which hopefully will appear in the Downloads section shortly) before going away, will have to upload the others at a later date after I get back
Date: August 15, 2003 12:32PM
Of course we're interested and will be looking forward to seeing them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy