OVERTAKING TOO EASY

Posted by webberman 
OVERTAKING TOO EASY
Date: July 08, 2003 05:55AM
Posted by: webberman
help guys!!!

as we all know overtaking in f1 is near impossible. but in gp3 it is stupidly easy!

my problem is that when i am stuck behind a car it takes me no longer than 2-3 laps to overtake the car.

why? - because of the early braking of cpu cars. i have used the physics editor and made slipsteaming very minimal, plus significantly increased the upshift penalty to 7000 so i cant gain any ground along the straight.

on average at a heavy braking corner the cpu cars brake about 40-50m earlier than me, only the leading 2-3 cars brake within 15m of me. i want them to block a bit more as well but the main problem is their ridiculous early braking, if they all braked within 10-15m of me than it would be realistic and very hard to overtake.

i have the exact same set up as the cpu cars and have used advanced physiucs editor to all i can see its worth - changing the braking force doesn't really help because it affects all cars. and it is nothing to do with performance - i can overtake a car 1 sec per lap quicker than me with ease - because they still brake too early. i use a wheel and have made the braking sensitivity low for 100% as well to reduce my braking but i still need more help

magic data files might be the only thing to help me - i have never used them. somebody help me to make the greatest simulaor realistic - im sick and tired of not having to work to overtake a car.
Re: OVERTAKING TOO EASY
Date: July 08, 2003 06:00AM
Posted by: webberman
i also have gpmaster - the track-sections area looks like it might help too, where u can edit the speeds of the cpu cars at many points around the track. this is good but i dont know whether it help make them brake later
Date: July 09, 2003 12:13PM
Posted by: belini
most of the problems arise from the player using default grip/bhp, the default
grip in gp3/gp4 is 16384 so any AI that has less grip is going to be easy to
overtake.

below is a link to a beta patch, the patch enables the player to use the grip
from performance files, the only downside is that the tracks magic data has to
be programmed differently to achieve a useable result.

the patch is for test purposes only, it won't work with any saved data and needs
a fresh gp3_2000.exe. included is a 2001 performance file, and physics/magic data
for interlagos, all files need to be patched for correct performance, with the physics
file I've tried to mimic the slipstream effect in gp4, these files work in ace mode
only.

the patch also includes an updated cockpit view (you may need to knock a few
holes in you're steering wheel for this), a hack that stops the AI driving 2x2 into
the first turn at the start of a race and a pitstop routine that should give better
results, a lot of this hasn't been tested properly yet but it worked in gp4 so it
should in gp32k.

gpxpatch power dependency needs to be enabled

gp4 2 gp32k 2001 interlagos

http://www.belini.fsnet.co.uk
Date: July 14, 2003 12:59AM
Posted by: RRRReméééédiooo
Hi, I'm a newbie in this forum and have some questions. How do I change slipsteaming effects with Advanced Physics Editor? And how do I change the human grip in GP3 1.13? Is that GP3Edit performance value the AI grip which should be bigger than the human grip ?

Thanks

The Fox provides for himself. But God provides for the Lion - William Blake
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy