Need a good steering wheel....

Posted by Anonymous User 
Need a good steering wheel....
Date: July 03, 2003 04:22AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Hey i just started to do a 1991 season and i was wondering if there was a good steering wheel out there which is kinda that era and has an lcd

I checked this site but i got one w/o an lcd and its bascially a bit stupid cause in qualifiying u can change anything at all :s

Re: Need a good steering wheel....
Date: July 03, 2003 10:38AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
The steering wheel that you mention was made with no LCD display because these did not exist on F1 steering wheels in 1991.

Of course, you can still make any changes that you like in the pits, they just aren't displayed. If you've been playing GP3 for awhile, it's quite likely that you know what controls make what changes in the pit options selections and can do them "blind". If you can't, then write them down and use that as reference, or use a steering wheel from a more recent time with an LCD display.
Date: July 03, 2003 12:02PM
Posted by: Ellis
Well its almost impossible to do the chnages blind with a wheel because if u turn the slighest ammount it jumps along the list and u would never know

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 03, 2003 12:26PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
exactly :|

Date: July 03, 2003 12:30PM
Posted by: Addicted on GPX series
I running a 1991 season, and this is what i did to the steering wheel

I´m using the steera*.jam dsh1 and dsh2 files of the 90 steering, and the the dsh3big of the 93 ferrari steering wheel of the king of the panza.
First you must use the GP3CE, and install the 93 ferrari wheel(there are two versions, with speed and fuel data and without), and after you replace the steerac*.jam and the dsh1*.jam dsh2*.jam
note1: these two files have a kind an very primary lcd screen wich stays behind the steering wheel.
note 2: you have to use the cpthi3*.bmp of the king of the panza to have the lcd working properly otherwise with won´t work, and, if you want, using a image editor, like Paint Shop Pro, you can replace the wheel center(lcd screen position) of the 93 Ferrari to the 90´s MOMO wheel.

I hope it can help you! :)
Date: July 03, 2003 04:34PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
You should be able to disable the steering wheel / pedal control in the pits selection and use the keyboard for this instead.
Date: July 03, 2003 06:25PM
Posted by: loren
I've made a late 80's / early 90's cockpit that is available at this site. It has got full functionality in the pits without displaying the info on the wheel center during normal driving. This is controlled by the files in the ldata folder.

If you want to get proper functionality out of my cockpit, open it up in cockpit editor and change some things: Go to "rpm lights editor" and change the values for the RPM light ids 1-5 to 0,2,2,4,10, respectively. Also go to "LCD data leds" and move those off of the steering wheel. That should I think ensure proper functionality my cockpit, I should have published a fix for this a long time ago but I keep forgeting.

Eventually I might also publish 1993 and 1997 cockpits if I get around to it, I have done some steering wheels, but not the cockpit layouts themselves, which is the hard part.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy