Preview of CART 2003 carset

Posted by TheSmokingPen 
Preview of CART 2003 carset
Date: June 20, 2003 10:30AM
Posted by: TheSmokingPen
I know it's been a while coming, but I'm nearly ready to release the first of my 2003 CART carsets. In previous years, I've released an A & B carset, to cater for the differing liveries, with updates. This year, there will bo one GP3 carset for each race, featuring the more successful of the two cars in each team or pairing - for example, if Bruno Junqueira finishes ahead of Sebastien Bourdais, then it'll be the PacifiCare car in the carset, otherwise it'll be the Lilly car and so on.

I've added three extra drivers to make up the 22 on the GP3 grid - Memo Gidley, Mika Salo and Luis Diaz. Don't expect to be racing them at the sharp end of the grid!

The St Petersburg carset will be released in the next week, along with the GP3 Team Arts. The GP3-2000 crew will have to wait a little longer, but that will come with the first few races installed, with updates to follow - and Team Arts, of course.

The graphic below shows the St Petersburg carset for GP3.

Good racing,

The Pen

Re: Preview of CART 2003 carset
Date: June 20, 2003 11:12AM
Posted by: X_Acto
Great work as usual!!!

:)

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: June 20, 2003 01:13PM
Posted by: Mr. Lee
Thx, I was looking forward for this stuff :)
Date: June 20, 2003 01:19PM
Posted by: Gonzalo Rodriguez
Looking fab! I was waiting for one too! Thanks!
Date: June 20, 2003 02:18PM
Posted by: Räikkönen
Looking good! Any chance of making a 2003 Formula One carset?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: June 20, 2003 03:04PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Paul, just want to say I think its fantastic that you're still supporting gp3, and gp3 2000....its easy to forget about it and simply 'move on' to gp4, so thanks for making gp3 still really appealing to us all, as I for one still play it a lot. And as always, absolutely brilliant carset!

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: June 21, 2003 08:02AM
Posted by: daveb
pauls work is one of the only reasons i still play gp3

Date: June 21, 2003 06:54PM
Posted by: McPen
Yep, remember that IRL carset. It would be fantastic to have the 2003 Indycar set with an updated Indianapolis Track
Date: June 21, 2003 07:11PM
Posted by: McPen
Why's the American Spirit car with the "Jimmy" livery? Isn't Ryan-Hunter Ray the current driver? Who is Jimmy?
Date: June 22, 2003 02:23AM
Posted by: TheSmokingPen
Räikkönen - I hope to have an F1 2003 carset available this year. I already have the helmets and performance files done - just need the cars, cockpits etc.......

McPen - Jimmy is Jimmy Vasser, driver of the #12 American Spirit car. Ryan Hunter-Reay drives the #31 American Spirit car and, as he crashed out of the St Petersburg race and Jimmy came 6th, it's Jimmy's car that gets included in the St Petersburg set. The alternate cars will be in the GP3-2000 set when it gets released, so both American Spirit cars will feature in that carset.

Date: June 22, 2003 08:02AM
Posted by: mcmika
McPen's right. I like the Indy 500 oval, but it deserves to be updated
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy