GP3 Controller issue (can’t play !)

Posted by Lype 
GP3 Controller issue (can’t play !)
Date: January 06, 2024 01:47AM
Posted by: Lype
Hi all,

Recently, I decided to buy GP3, I loved playing it in my childhood memories and it was a lot of fun. I then decided to buy the game on pc, thinking I’ll be able to run it on a fresh installed windows XP pc that I use for retro gaming.

Here comes my big problem:

I knew that Xbox 360 controller isn’t compatible due to Xinput, I then decide to buy a msi directinput controller, dumbly thinking I’ll be able to run the game with it.

And guess what ? I still can’t play the game. I don’t know how I’m supposed to assign my buttons and my triggers, calibration only works for the left joystick, and can’t even calibrate triggers or don’t even know what I’m supposed to select in advanced controller setup to assign triggers.

It looks like mapping is clearly the worst part of this game.

I really need help as I really have no clue about how to make this game work with a controller.

It’s a sim game, quite realistic for its age, I want to use it at full potential with joystick and triggers.

How am I supposed to do ? Tried every buttons mapping and it simply won’t work other than steering…

:-(

Thanks
Re: GP3 Controller issue (can’t play !)
Date: January 06, 2024 05:06PM
Posted by: pippozzo
hi, you may find usefull the part of steering config in GP3, by tedmeat?
[www.youtube.com]
Date: January 06, 2024 06:12PM
I already did that and it didn’t helped at all because I’m using a gamepad. Wich device do you use to play for example ?
Date: January 07, 2024 11:14AM
Posted by: pippozzo
The keyboard....
(H)
Also with GpXPatch key extension to pitsetup menu , changing brake balance from the cockpit... on the fly... :D
Date: January 08, 2024 12:44PM
Posted by: pirx
..maybe you need to install DirectPlay. Its an old windows-module to support DirectInput.. I´m not sure

Here I own a Logitech F710 gamepad. Great for GP3 and everything else. It can even switch between Xbox and DirectInput. Big recommendation!

"Oiııo.
........................................................................................................
Pilot Pirx
........................................................................................................
Date: January 09, 2024 01:08AM
pirx écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ..maybe you need to install DirectPlay. Its an old
> windows-module to support DirectInput.. I´m not su
> re
>
> Here I own a Logitech F710 gamepad. Great for GP3
> and everything else. It can even switch between Xb
> ox and DirectInput. Big recommendation!

Ok, I’ll try that. My controller is supposed also to switch between direct input and xinput but it’s not working in GP3. Can you use triggers with the logitech in GP3 ?
Date: January 10, 2024 09:26PM
Posted by: pirx
@triggering:
If you use DirectInput the LT and RT (Left Top/Right Top-Trigger) are just "switches" between "on" and "off".
If you use XInput LT & RT generate values from 0-whatever, so you can attach throttle or brake here.

As I said before, I had many PCs since the Nineties, and every controller worked correctly, never had any problem from Win95-Win11.

1. Try to get your controller correctly connected to Windows and for that look into windows-hardware-manager, try to find your controller there and open its "Settings" Try to test and/or calibrate there. -If everything works move over to GP3.
2. In GP3 choose Options->Controller. Under "Choose Controll Option" choose "User Sets" (not "Presets" ) and buildup your own "controller-set" (just choose one of the four empty slots and check it, then set everything up by going into "Advanced Options" )

good luck!

"Oiııo.
Pilot Pirx

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2024 11:13PM by pirx.
Date: January 12, 2024 10:45AM
Posted by: senna_fan_1983
I had the same problem as you.

The drivers and software on this site helped me a great deal.

Can now map correctly, split the triggers onto different Axis (to help with brake / throttle mapping)...

Xbox 360 Drivers

Good luck!
Date: January 12, 2024 12:17PM
Posted by: alvaro_degas
Some devices allow to configure different setups.

In some configurations the axis are analogic (progressive) and in others they are digital (switched or not).

Tipically this configuration can be changed by some combinations of bottons.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy