Textures on tires is broken

Posted by MackN 
Textures on tires is broken
Date: August 02, 2023 12:53AM
Posted by: MackN
Hi!
I'm new to this forum and, new to modding Grand Prix 3.
I have this bizzare issue with the tires. For whatever reason, the livery texture gets displayed on the tires and I can't figure out why.
The weird thing is that it's only broken while using cockpit and onboard cameras, not spectator cameras (as show in the images)
My friend said it had to do with the camera onboard details setting but it didn't help.

Re: Textures on tires is broken
Date: August 02, 2023 09:09PM
Posted by: pippozzo
try to delete the files f1gstate .bak , f1system.bak , cards.txt and gconfig.txt then restart the game and then retry the calibration.
if not sorted, reinstall gp3.
Date: August 03, 2023 01:47AM
Posted by: alvaro_degas
Tipically this occurs due the tires image.

Try to export new ones (using GP3 editor, for example) and see if the problem is solved.
Date: August 04, 2023 07:14PM
Posted by: Orloff
No need to get in panic and reinstall the whole game.
GP3 uses two types of files for the wheels - sw jams with bmp inserted ( tyres seen from outside ) and bmp for cockpit view.
Usually installing by GP3Edit but can be installed manually.
If you use GPxPatch you can find /change the tyres in Edit carset window or in gpxpset.ini file.
Simply you should have bitmaps for the tyres in Gp3Jamsh\Techlam with the same filename as tyre jams you use place in Gp3Jams\Main directories.
If you don't have the same named bmp , the game takes the bitmaps from carskins.
Though, if you ran in software mode, I cannot exactly say whether it works, 'cause never try this way.
At least, in GP2-2000 hardware mode it works.
Date: August 04, 2023 11:53PM
Posted by: MackN
Thanks for all of the suggestions!
Fingers crossed that it'll work
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy