Glowing Wheels

Posted by Rafen 
Glowing Wheels
Date: May 23, 2003 02:57AM
Posted by: Rafen
Is it possible to get the brakes glowing ??
Re: Glowing Wheels
Date: May 23, 2003 06:23AM
Posted by: Muks_C
I don't think its possible in GP3 or GP3-2000 because the wheel graphics are just flat bitmaps that are wrapped round, to make them look circular like wheels, so if you want glowing discs you have to paint it into the tyre bitmaps, but they will glow all the time, and not just when you are braking.

Hope this helps. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Date: May 23, 2003 09:14AM
Posted by: MarkWS
Your right!!
Date: May 24, 2003 01:10AM
ah well thanks anyway
Date: May 27, 2003 11:54AM
Posted by: Dinga
Sorry,you're wrong!Glowing brakes can be made to work, the only slight drawback is that they glow whenever(on the grid,pits etc..)the car is at a standstill.But as soon as wheels are moving-glow effect disappears!All that needs painting is the glow into the static tyre bitmap.
Date: May 27, 2003 01:14PM
Yes but whats the point in having glowing brake discs on a stationary car? Of course you can paint only the static or only the moving bitmaps if you want, but I think Rafen wanted to know if its possible to have glowing discs in the most realistic way, glowing under braking.
Date: May 27, 2003 02:05PM
Yes it works-with only the drawbacks I mentioned.Will e-mail mine for you to try if you want.Won't post on the site as they are based on other people's work.
Date: May 27, 2003 02:08PM
Posted by: FloP
If there are more than just one "moving wheel" bitmap, why not only change the ones used for slowly-moving wheels? They also glow some time when braking is over, so this should be ok.
Date: May 28, 2003 01:22AM
That is exactly what I meant thanks for getting it .It would look pretty good though
Date: May 28, 2003 06:30AM
Dinga, could you please email me the bitmaps? I would like to try them out.

Muks_C@hotmail.com

Thanks
Date: May 28, 2003 02:19PM
On the way!
Date: May 28, 2003 06:04PM
Posted by: Addicted on GPX series
Dinga could you e-mail me those bitmaps too, please! :)

aborcsp@ig.com.br

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy