How to slow down CCs?

Posted by Speed_Addict 
How to slow down CCs?
Date: May 29, 2020 02:40PM
Posted by: Speed_Addict
I was wondering if there is a way to slow down the CCs in the magic data file. I tried searching through the posts in this forum but was unable to find the info.
I also tried playing with the magic data but to no avail.
There are some tracks out there on which I simply cannot keep up with CCs, the difference is too big (for example Sochi), and I consider myself to be a pretty good racer. However I'm not good at setting up the car.

So, it would be great if there is a way to slow down the AIs by fiddling with some configuration, like changing the grip that only affects them and not player's car... Also I wouldn't want to do something unrealistic like tampering wiht CCs wings settings -> Monaco setup at a fast Sochi :)

The closest I got was by changing desc51 but it didn't quite work.
Re: How to slow down CCs?
Date: May 29, 2020 03:11PM
Posted by: wvdriel
There are various different ways to achief this. But more specifics are needed. Is it Gp3 or Gp3-2000? is it patched with the belini-patch? Do you use a physics-file in Gpx-patch?
In the Gp4 forum there is a magic-data discussion. That one could be helpfull.
Date: May 29, 2020 04:39PM
Oh, sorry. It is GP3-2k and it was patched with the Belini-patch. I am using a physics file as well (also Belini's).

I will look for the magic data discussion, thaks!
Date: June 01, 2020 11:27AM
Posted by: Orloff
The simply way is to decrease CC cars values in MD file ( power and grip )
Date: June 01, 2020 06:03PM
Posted by: alvaro_degas
The simpler way is to change the GRIP and POWER parameters in the .MD file.
Date: June 03, 2020 12:36AM
Thanks guys, if you mean the CC power & grip factor, I tried that after I read the magic data discussion (as suggested by wvdriel).
But since I'm using the keyboard, decreasing the values affected me as well - my time went up proportionally with the CCs.

Then I eliminated that by setting the "Player car performance team dependent" in the GPxPatch to "Power and grip". I was no longer affected by the changed factors in magic data, but the car behavior became strange. It is noticeably harder to drive with that GPxPatch setting.

I'm afraid I will need to resort to the least desired measure: enhance my own grip in the performance file :(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy