Jam problem

Posted by elio2012 
Jam problem
Date: April 27, 2020 09:59PM
Posted by: elio2012
Hi all

Can any of you help me solve a new problem I have not had before?
As you can see, I am getting an error on some track side ads in my 1984 version of Zolder. See the Marlboro ads. I have replaced the jams with a fresh set I was using for my 1976 and 1981 version of Zolder (where the problem does not exist) and I have also changed the track file. But no change.
I have tried a different track slot on gpxpatch, but no effect. Strange thing is, it happens to about 30% of the jams, not even all those from the same canvas. In one place it tries to skin a building using pictures of a fire truck which looks very odd.
Any ideas of how to fix? thanks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2020 11:02PM by elio2012.
Re: Jam problem
Date: April 29, 2020 07:30PM
Posted by: holemad
hi elio, can you send me a copy of those jams?
it can be a flag on the properties

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2020 07:32PM by holemad.
Date: April 29, 2020 09:20PM
Thanks Dirk, look out for my email.
Date: April 30, 2020 12:36AM
Posted by: evroic
Hi friends

I found the error but I don't know how to explain what causes it !!!

I noticed that the file "03-Zolder84.dat" uses some files from the folder "Arg3jam" and that folder is not present in the package "84 GRAND PRIX.rar"

So I made a copy of the folder "Arg3jam" with the 18 original files.

The problem is gone !!!

Evandro ( Brazil )
Date: April 30, 2020 02:55AM
Hi again

I don't know if that makes sense.

In the DAT file line 59 are the file "Gp3jamsH\Arg3jam\bigpadd.jam" and in line 63 the file "Gp3jamsH\Zolder3\zolder1.jam"

In the two JAM files there are textures that use the same ID 856

I just removed the bigpadd.jam file and the problem came back.

So I believe that it is necessary to delete this line 63 or change the ID of the zolder1.jam file (texture 856 by another number)

I don't know if files in different folders can have the same ID or if there is another problem ... I never paid attention to this detail

If someone has a better explanation, it's time to learn a little more.

I deleted line 59 and left all files in the Arg3jam folder and everything worked fine.

If this DAT does not use the files in the Arg3jam folder then it would be better to delete the other lines.

I don't know if the other DAT files use the Arg3jam folder. So it would be better not to delete it.

If you forgot to put it in the package then you need to update it with the correct textures.

Give us a feedback

Evandro ( Brazil )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2020 06:11AM by evroic.
Date: May 01, 2020 11:31AM
Evandro

Obrigado!

You are the son of Sherlock Holmes. Well deduced. Like a lot of tricky problems, seems obvious now. Not at the time. Thanks for saving me a lot of frustration. I can now get on with Zolder jams and Dijon next.

Its my birthday, so thanks for the present!

Have a great weekend.

Philip

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2020 11:36AM by elio2012.
Date: May 01, 2020 02:04PM
Posted by: quickslick
Happy Birthday elio (D) :-)
Date: May 01, 2020 07:38PM
Hi Elio

The first steps on editing and correcting tracks who taught me was Dirk Holemans who had a lot of patience and dedication with me.
I am very grateful for everyone who helped me and share files and information with me.
So even though I understand little, I always try to repay these favors. I will also never forget everything you shared with me.
If I were to mention everyone here it would be a very long list and I might even end up forgetting someone. But everyone knows about it.

God bless you and celebrate your birthday, not only in this one but also in the next ones.

Go-go-go Speed Racer....

Best regards

Evandro ( Brazil )
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy