Strange problems with HW graphics...

Posted by PAT 
Strange problems with HW graphics...
Date: May 06, 2003 12:04AM
Posted by: PAT
Hello, out there!
I`ve had this problem for a very long time now, actually since I got my graphics card and drove with Hummerich's 2002 season package. Before that I used SW. I am just a very patient person, hehe.
The problem is strange: The second time I go from the main menu on gp3 2000 to the race the graphics **** up, I mean tyres on some of the cars are disappeared and some cars are gone. This happens on the grid, so it looks very stupid seeing cars on the grid without tyres and some spots without cars. It's first when the light turns green and we get some speed on the cars everything becomes normal again. If the cars happen to slow down, the problem appears again.
So what is this? I have tried to reinstall the package, without any good results. I have chosen the package on the gpxpatch, with no carshapes superseding it. I think I've done the things right....?
Re: Strange problems with HW graphics...
Date: May 06, 2003 05:08AM
Posted by: TheSmokingPen
Sounds to me like you haven't installed the software jams for the carset you're using. When you're running in HW mode, GP3-2000 uses the helmet software jams to draw the cars at a distance. If you don't have the SW helmets installed, you get exactly the kind of problem you describe.

Date: May 06, 2003 03:41PM
Posted by: PAT
I followed the instructions during the installation of Hummerich season package, which actually was automatic. It did the job for me, so it's weird that I have this problem. What can I do?
Date: May 14, 2003 01:56AM
Posted by: Montoya
I also had this problem until in the graphics menu, I changed the 'Reduced texture detail (Hardware 3D)' to 'off'. See if this works.

Date: May 14, 2003 11:27AM
Posted by: Pedro
when I run gp3 in the hw mode I can't see the wheel in the cockpit.
So I can't see the fuel, speed and other important informations.
you can help me please?
Date: May 15, 2003 03:06PM
Posted by: blackshadow
If I am not wrong, problems with the wheel, the solution is almost always goto dxdiag, and disable AGP Texture Acceleration (on the display tab).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy