Steering wheel twitch/buttons

Posted by Dave R 
Steering wheel twitch/buttons
Date: May 05, 2003 06:32PM
Posted by: Dave R
Has anyone ever had this problem: on a straight line, the steering wheel pulls to the left ever so slightly (in short fits), yet sometimes has made me take a fence in the face... I'm running the official patch and the GPx patch as well.

As long as I've got your attention, do you know of any way that I can assign keyboard functions (pits/tv view/etc.) to the buttons on my wheel? Notice that I have a really cheap wheel and it didn't come with any software of any kind. I was hoping for GP3 to offer me a menu, but it seems not to offer any. Is it without hope?

Thanks for your time.
Dave Rooney
Re: Steering wheel twitch/buttons
Date: May 06, 2003 06:44AM
Posted by: Vader
1) Well, if you go to the control option menu in GP3 there is a little box that says "wheel pulls left". It might be a good idea to activate it. ;)

2) It depends on your wheel/driver software. I think Thrustmaster wheels for example come with a software that lets you assign keys to buttons

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 08, 2003 07:13AM
Posted by: Casper
Or you can get rbjoy like me! Maps buttons to imitate keys. Bit buggy but does the job. [www.rbsoft.de] for version 4.

I find Gp3 better with no FF and just the spring effect supplied by the joystick software.

Oh you might also have the wheel pulling left without any FF then try reconfiguring it each time after you've started the game and also tweak the sensitivity bars near the axis setup on the advanced joystick setup.

What wheel are you using and is it FF?

[akiro3.com]
------------
'That was a major, major sausage.' - Barry Sheene
Date: May 09, 2003 08:32AM
Hello gentlemen. Thank you very much for your ideas. Unfortunately, they didn't do the trick... "Wheel pulls left" is disactivated in my advanced control menu as I am not running a force feedback wheel. The wheel I'm using is 20$ (!!!), but overall works really fine except it doesn't have any software with which I can assign keys to buttons, and it twitches to the left... RBJoy seems a little difficult for me to understand. For the record, it's a "PC Racing Wheel" from Laing Accessories.

Any new ideas?

Good day
Dave Rooney
Date: May 09, 2003 08:44AM
Posted by: Ellis
Tried simple re-calibrating it? Wokred for me in GP2 and GP3

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 09, 2003 01:03PM
Posted by: Larry
Depending on which Windows you're running you might have something to do in the Game Controllers (or whatever it's called in your version of Windows) in Control Panel. Check if there's a box called "Poll With Interrupts Enabled" or something similar and remove the check mark in the box. This solves the quick steering jerk for many people.

Date: May 11, 2003 10:17AM
Well, Larry you came through for me... How on earth would I have thought about that? I was getting dicouraged as it would really twitch me right into the barriers sometimes... Anyways, if anyone has this problem, try what Larry suggested... It solved my problem...

Thanks a million Larry, and to all those who tried to help me. This is really a great forum.

thanks
Dave Rooney
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Date: May 11, 2003 11:15AM
Posted by: Vader
LOL Canadians among themselves :)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 30, 2004 02:04AM
Posted by: Andrew
I have an R80 steering wheel which twitches left in XP and I cannot solve the problem by recalibrating in Windows or the game. I cannot see the pulls left button at all. There are precious few options for me to do now except to go back to Win 98!
Date: June 30, 2004 02:41AM
Posted by: RafaelValenza
Im kinda having a similar problem, I Have a Joystick, but he pulls right all the time, i´ve tried everything. When im runnig on oval tracks, the Joystick pulls right and i always hit the wall...anyone can help!?
Date: July 05, 2004 05:18AM
Posted by: XP141271
I have problems with my ms sidewinder joystick too. it pulls left just at certain points in tracks and makes me hit walls. it puts me out of contention in races :-/

I tried the poll interrupts thing and it seemed to work, but now its gone back the way it was again (though i still have that box unchecked)
Date: July 06, 2004 10:44AM
Posted by: baltzo
same problems with joypad ... but only in some tracks ... like canada 2002
Date: July 07, 2004 10:26AM
Posted by: baltzo
i followed LARRY'S instructions and ... my god IT WORKS ( i hope never have this problem again ... but ok , i kmow the answer )
Date: July 11, 2004 07:54PM
Posted by: ardenasia_kyle
well i bet that program would work if the site was in an understandable language....lol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy