Braking prob..

Posted by Azzie 
Braking prob..
Date: May 04, 2003 04:14AM
Posted by: Azzie
I am using a keyboard and when braking my wheels lock. That's a nasty way off slowing down quickly. I changed something in the setup, at first it were the front wheels but now it a little better but not that good to drive a very quick lap. Anybody knows how to setup the car best to brake the latest? I think with keyboard braking it will never be that good as when with a steering wheel, but I try to get the best out of it......

Thanks
Re: Braking prob..
Date: May 04, 2003 02:56PM
Posted by: X_Acto
I try with a steering wheel and after a while i turn back to keyboard.

I turn and break much better with the keyboard.

Maybe you need to practice a little more... :)
Date: May 04, 2003 03:31PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
Change your brake balance in your car setup.
It has to be considerably different with a keyboard then with a steering wheel in order for you not to lock up the brakes.
Date: May 04, 2003 06:35PM
Posted by: SuperSonic
Try to put the brake balance backwards! :)
Remember: The higher downforce on the rear, the less braking force you need on the rear whells.
At Monza you have to put a lot of brakes on the rear...
At Monaco you don't.

But be careful. Too much braking force on the rear can make you spin when cornering and braking at the same time. So, you have to test! :)

See ya
Date: May 05, 2003 10:29AM
Ah, when reading that it makes sence :)
Will try it , thanks
Date: May 05, 2003 11:31AM
Posted by: adityamunshi
Same problems here too. But to make it much worse it wears off the tires unevenly in the front as well. Any suggestion to that ?

Thanks
Date: May 05, 2003 03:12PM
Well I think it helps big time to set the braking very much to the back! Very much to the back i mean! dunno abou the tyre wear cause just raced my first race :) and @#$%& up cause i forgot to set the pit strategy, did a ful race without a stop. My car just wasn't driveable avery corner the back overtook me :(((

Better luck next race...Brazil here i come

Azzie
Date: May 06, 2003 08:09AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Well try a method called Cadence braking. Setting brake balance is all well and good, but if you're just slamming the breaks on at the '100' boards, then you will lock up wheels. Cadence breaking: Apply the breaks, as the wheels lock up, instantly lift off the brakes, then reapply. Keep doing this until you slow down enough. I find you can break a good 15m later than if you just slam the brakes on.

Good luck!!

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: May 06, 2003 10:40AM
I already do that :P but my opinion is that at +/- 100 meters fully braking and after a while loose and again full brake works the best..

Thanx, gonna race again now :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy