Cars disappearing

Posted by elio2012 
Cars disappearing
Date: August 27, 2016 09:02PM
Posted by: elio2012
Hi guys

Since I went back and make fresh install on GP3 I have found that cars that are about 50 metres up the road from me (cockpit view) disappear for a second before reappearing. It is brief but this is really annoying. I use GPxPatch 4.24a.

I have adjusted RCR distances, but this made no difference.

Anyone had this problem? Any ideas? I never have this problem with GP3 2000.

Cheers,

Elio
Re: Cars disappearing
Date: August 28, 2016 09:35AM
Posted by: holemad
if it occurs always in the same place, you could try to add a 'view distance ahead' cmd with a2=250, some sectors before where it happens
Date: August 28, 2016 06:38PM
Hi dirk

Its on all tracks, so I don't think it is a track issue. I might try with debug mode turned on and off with tracks that don't get affected by that.

Cheers

Elio
Date: August 28, 2016 07:22PM
Debug mode or not makes no difference. :-(
Date: August 28, 2016 10:08PM
Posted by: holemad
if RCR has no effect, i wouldnt know....

can you perhaps send me one of those tracks with info about where they disappear?
Date: August 29, 2016 04:51PM
I think have gotten to the bottom of it. If I have RCR set at 11000 (my preference for balancing PO and right car shape) it occurs. If I go higher to 99000 it stops happening, which is good BUT the PO shoots up to 200+. So I am left with a choice! I am going to try 7500 and see if that is bearable, but I expect is wont be as it looks rubbish to have the cars 'pop' into shape close by.

We will see ...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy