GP3 on Win10

Posted by shlund 
GP3 on Win10
Date: May 24, 2016 03:23PM
Posted by: shlund
"Unfortunately" I wasn't next to my pc just after I switched it on, so automaticly it started a win10 installation. When I got back to pc the installation was pretty much finished...

Now I would like to ask all if they have any ideas how to get GP3 to work under Win10....

Any tips and tricks are welcome... Would be nice to get it to work again :)

Edit: Sorry for all the trouble, but I used the possibility to roll back to my old Win7 and now it all works again without any problems.... (Y)

BUT - It would be nice to have feed-back regarding GP3 on Win10 for future use... :-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2016 05:27PM by shlund.
Re: GP3 on Win10
Date: May 24, 2016 07:20PM
Posted by: Rod_vs
I'll try to install Virtual PC with XP. GP3 didn't run with DirectX 10 or over.

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Date: May 25, 2016 11:04AM
Posted by: pirx
Same troubles here:
- Win10
- NVidia GTX970

I crawled the web about "our all biggest problem!" a few month ago and found some guys writing about the dropped support of old DirectX-versions in Win10.
They wrote that GP3 needs DXv7.1 to run propper. Since Win10 older DirectX-versions like 7.1 are only supported in an emulated way and this seems to make troubles with our all loved GP3.

I donĀ“t know really much about coding drivers or DX, but possible solutions could be:
- asking NVidia for support (*joke!)
- some genious recodes the games grafic-module (like someone did with "Grand Prix Legends"-SIM)
- or some genious writes a fast DirectX-wrapper for us
- or we all just wait until PCs are fast enough for emulators like "Virtual PC" (now they are not!)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2016 11:08AM by pirx.
Date: May 25, 2016 11:18AM
Posted by: shlund
Thanks for your kind replys and suggestions...(Y)

I think in future we have to address this 'problem' so if anyone have any new ideas/solutions please use this tread for feed back :)
Date: May 25, 2016 11:55AM
Posted by: pirx
Nowadays the only GP3 working solution is:
- A powerful videocard with native DirectX9c-supporting drivers! (look for WinXP-compatibility!)

And if someone wants it stable, fast and proper:
- WinXP (32bit! -GP3 makes no troubles in 64bit but some modding tools do!)
- CPU 3GHz+

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2016 12:03PM by pirx.
Date: May 25, 2016 04:37PM
Posted by: andrzej pilaszkiewicz
Although this is NOT the topic case, I found another solution some time ago. I bought used 17" Toshiba laptop with Win XP, for GP3 (and GP4, and F1Challenge) mainly. It runs smoothly up to now :))
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy