Round mirrors for F1 in the 1960s

Posted by elio2012 
Round mirrors for F1 in the 1960s
Date: January 24, 2016 08:36PM
Posted by: elio2012
Hi everyone!

I am beginning to bring items together for my next F1 MegaPatch. It will be a 1968 / 69 season. I am working on team art at the moment.

I am using a carshape with high rear wings. The cockpit that comes with it created normal (modern) rectangle mirrors.

Has anyone every made or found a cockpit shape that makes the mirrors round when seen from the driver's view? I suspect that no such one exists, BUT please let me know if I am wrong.

Also, if you have any items that would be useful for a late 1960's MegaPatch let me know. I have been careful to collect what comes up on this site over the years but there still might be things I have missed.

Cheers!

Elio
Re: Round mirrors for F1 in the 1960s
Date: January 24, 2016 08:59PM
Posted by: abdelkader
Hey.
Well, some years ago I indeed made such cockpit for myself. Actually, I re-edited some other cockpit from the 1950s carshape and the round-shaped mirrors were already there. I left them intact and redid the cockpit shape. I can send it to you, if you like. Cheers.

Date: January 25, 2016 08:24PM
Hi there Abdelkader!

I would certainly like to give that a try! My email is proethenbaugh@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks in advance!

Elio
Date: January 26, 2016 07:40AM
Posted by: abdelkader
Date: January 26, 2016 11:31PM
Hi Abdelkader

Cockpit received with thanks! Looks fantastic and really adds to the period atmosphere. Its shaping up to be a great MegaPatch. I hope to be able to release it in the late spring.

Cheers!

Elio
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy