Group C carshape like Porsche 962 - wish list!

Posted by Elio2013 
Group C carshape like Porsche 962 - wish list!
Date: August 20, 2015 02:52PM
Posted by: Elio2013
Hi everyone

There doesn't seem to be many people around that have the skills to make new carshapes. However, if any could make a Group C sports car shape form the 1980s I would be so grateful and would make a carset for 1985 and other years.

The nearest to this I have is a Ferrari F40, which isn't bad but not close enough.

Anyone able to help?

Thanks,

Elio
Re: Group C carshape like Porsche 962 - wish list!
Date: August 21, 2015 12:45AM
Posted by: pirx
if you send me some pix from a car you mean, I could give it a try
Re: Group C carshape like Porsche 962 - wish list!
Date: August 21, 2015 03:04PM
Posted by: Elio2013
Hi Tim!

If you would try, I would be very grateful indeed! Le Mans in the mid to late 80s is one of my favourite periods. To make a Group C shape is pushing the limits of what can be done, but we do have a LMP1 shape and Ferrari F40 shape, which if you took elements from each, you'd achieve it.

GP3 is meant to open wheel cars, not closed body. So as will the LMP1 shape and F40 you have to accept the 'oddness' of the rear wheels popping out from time to time. Not too difficult to get used to.

Getting the skin to fit to the shape would be challenging, and a key part of making a shape that is useable, but again the LMP1 car sets would be a good starting point for that.

I will send you a collection of photos and ideas by email today.

Whether you achieve a usable shape or not, I am really pleased you are willing to have a try! Image Group C around the Nordschleife as they did in 1983!

Cheers!

Elio / Philip
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy