Major Tom´s Nordschleife UPDATED to 1976!

Posted by Elio2013 
Major Tom´s Nordschleife UPDATED to 1976!
Date: August 09, 2015 04:46PM
Posted by: Elio2013
Hi guys

I expect many of you have the s Nordschleife (semi fictional) track made by Major Tom. Its the nearest you can get to the real thing within GP3 track length limits. I was pleased to have it but never raced it as it had very strange cartoon features like cows, red trees, odd walls and the like.

As part of my up-coming 1976 MegaPatch I have updated the track as far as I can within my skills. All the jokey Jams are gone and lots of accurate new track adds, barriers etc are added.

Some one with more still than me might want to make the crash barrier (Conti Ts) run down both sides of the start - finish line and fix a few other bugs from where armco has replaced hedges or walls and are a little to tall in a few places. Nonetheless, I hope you agree that it is a LOT more usable now.

There are perhaps a few too many buildings around the far side of the track, but I have kept them for the meantime as they help with orientation.

Send me a PM with your email and I will send you this with the original Jams too for comparison.

Cheers

ELIO
Re: Major Tom´s Nordschleife UPDATED to 1976!
Date: August 09, 2015 06:31PM
Posted by: holemad
check your mail please
Date: August 10, 2015 12:12PM
Posted by: pirx
great development awaiting : )))
thank you very much!
Date: August 10, 2015 02:14PM
Posted by: shlund
Great news (Y) Nice to see a more authentic and realistic track and scenery... Keep up the good work :)
Date: August 10, 2015 04:45PM
Posted by: Elio2013
Hi Everyone!

Here are the files. Nurburgring

Someone has offered to improve the track further, so there might be another update.

Let me have your suggestions too!

ELIO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2015 04:47PM by Elio2013.
Date: August 21, 2015 02:49PM
Posted by: pirx
Hi Elio2013,

one suggestion - I forgot to mention that now comes into my mind while testing your great new update:
please, if possible always change the name of the jam-folder if you do a new version of a track. otherwise people get files overwrited when using both versions.

thank you very much for all,
pirx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy