A doubt

Posted by TheVSATrooper 
A doubt
Date: April 18, 2015 10:01PM
Posted by: TheVSATrooper
A moment ago, I've decided to test some races in ovals in GP3 2000 (Fontana, Homestead and Texas) and the thing I saw was that the tracks weren't really 100% distance.

For example, the 1998 CART race at Homestead was 150 laps long, in 2000 was just 99, same for Texas while for Fontana the normal distance would be 250 laps (500 miles) but there were only 127 laps.

Is because in GP3 there is the 2-hour limit, the track has problems with races that long or the game has a lap limit?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GPGSL: Snake Motorsport Test Driver for S10 (promoted to Race Driver from Monza Onwards)

GPGSL-3: Christel VXR Race Driver for S9
Re: A doubt
Date: April 19, 2015 02:35AM
Posted by: taube
No, a two-hour limit is not!
I think that it is always best to have 99 laps! It is possible to have more, but you can have a problem after the race when the results do not match the actual completion of the race. Cars with a few wheels lost can appear on the top! I can't explain why, but after the round 99 followed by a 0, and then it kind of backwards or what! I'm always max 99 laps.

Hi
Date: April 20, 2015 05:16PM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
I remember some ovals with "double the lap": you drive 2 laprs and Gp3 counts one.
But i don't know ho to do it and don't remember where to get the tracks.
Not very useful, i suppose...
But ask for it, someone will answer for sure.

Bye
Date: April 21, 2015 12:47PM
Posted by: Zieli
There is a lap limit, the maximum number of laps is 126
For 100 an more laps the lap chapter after the end of a race will not work
I didn't notice any further problems, but the Magic Data should be matched to 126 laps too

I have done a number of Oval updates (Downloads GP3 Cart & other tracks), for the shorter ovals I have created 2 laps in 1 and 3 laps in 1 versions.
Just test it.
Once there was a limit on track length, but now a 2 in 1 version for Fontana should be possible to implement a race with normal distance
Date: June 21, 2015 09:54PM
Posted by: SDI
The next version of GPxPatch will enable upto 253 laps.

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy