Some new tracks?

Posted by Mr. Lee 
Some new tracks?
Date: April 18, 2003 02:14PM
Posted by: Mr. Lee
Hi!
I start with my first post here ;-)

I was wondering if there are any brand new GP3 tracks currently being worked on? I read about some (i.e. the old layout of Monaco), but are there any other ones?

Also is there a GP3 version of French track Pau (former F3000, and currently F3 track as I imagine)
Re: Some new tracks?
Date: April 19, 2003 09:29PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
Unlike some other racing games, where prospective new projects are announced and then feverishly praised and discussed for months (or even years) before they are ever released (many never are ever released), GP3 addon makers seem to be more interested in actually producing things rather than announcing them. GP3 tracks usually are released with absolutely no prior fanfare whatsoever, or, occasionally only with a small announcement only either at the time of their release or shortly beforehand.
No doubt there are a number of new GP3 tracks (CART, older F1, and others) in the works, which you'll see when they become available.

There is no Pau circuit, original or addon, for any racing games that I know of, except the rather fine original rendition of the 1937 version of this circuit in the game "Spirit of Speed 1937".
Date: April 19, 2003 11:18PM
Posted by: shubert
Maybe there should be a website specially for tracks. This website should hold links to every gp3/gp3 2000 track that is made available. And also tracks in progress should be listed.

Post Edited (04-20-03 06:19)

SC
Date: April 20, 2003 03:04AM
There is (was?) a GP3 tracks-in-progress website, but hardly anyone listed the tracks they were working on there (or anywhere else).

It would be a good idea to at least have a webpage listing all of the GP3 tracks and their availability (or non-availability, as I was surprised to find that a few splendid tracks for GP3 that I have seem to no longer be available for download anywhere), as there are such websites for Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, and all of the various NASCAR games together (and GP3 has more non-fantasy tracks than any of these games).
Date: April 20, 2003 11:08AM
Posted by: ArexonsF1
I don't want to look convinced, but I'm working on my major project, the Brasília circuit. This circuit may become the host for the next Brazilian Grandprix, but it's a nice track anyway.
Date: April 20, 2003 11:35AM
Yes there is a Tracks in Progress page...
[www.grand-prix-3.de]
It isn't being updated anymore now.

I'm thinking, maybe we need one page like GPL has for BAPOM (Big ass pile of maps).

I put up a quick index page. How bout this for a start?...

[www.brinkster.com]

Schubert
Date: April 20, 2003 02:36PM
"The page cannot be found"
Date: April 20, 2003 02:48PM
You can have a look and see what the other game track websites look like.
They are kept very up-to-date.

Sports Car GT:
[teamspeedsims.com]

NASCAR (NASCAR Heat page, for other games click on "Tracks" at top):
[www.simracingconnection.com]

Grand Prix Legends (click on "Tracks" at upper left):
[gplpp.com]

and

[magnust.d2g.com]

Post Edited (04-20-03 21:49)
Date: April 20, 2003 03:44PM
I was mistaken about there being no versions of the Pau circuit for any games except Spirit of Speed 1937. A 1967 version of this circuit has been made for Grand Prix Legends.
Date: April 20, 2003 05:40PM
Posted by: Bruno
You will NOT say that you have driven all available GP3 tracks by now, will you? I think there must be ca. 200 now - and we have them all.

Please note that grandprixgames.org have meanwhile splitted their GP3 track downloads into
1. F1 tracks: todays and classic tracks from Forumula One
2. CART and others: Real tracks of different racing leagues from all over the world
3. Phantasy tracks.

Anyway, I think I do not say too much if I tell you that a nice classic track from Finland is coming soon... Check our website now and then.

--------------------------------------
Staff of grandprixgames.org 2000 - 2003
Date: April 20, 2003 06:01PM
Posted by: Vader
200? I alone have around 170 Gp3 tracks and I stopped downloading GP3 stuff somewhere last year. Must be way more than 200 now.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
No Subject
Date: April 20, 2003 11:44PM

Post Edited (04-21-03 06:56)
Date: April 20, 2003 11:55PM
Not counting "fantasy" tracks, there are probably in the vicinity of 180 or so.

You most certainly don't quite have them all on your website, Bruno.
A few examples:
Belini's (P.K. Arnall's) GP3 tracks are no longer available anywhere (your download links to his old GP3 website which no longer exists).
James Lucarz's GP3 Osterreichring seems also to not be available anywhere.
Date: April 21, 2003 02:11AM
Oh! sorry mistake in the address...
Here the correct one. How about having it categorized like this?

[www34.brinkster.com]

Making it work can be done, me and my friend in a weeks time. THen we can add about 100 tracks manually for a start.

SC
Date: April 21, 2003 02:13AM
Plus I can autmoate the news coloumn based on new tracks that become available or updated. All track editors can get a login/pass.

SC
Date: April 21, 2003 05:56AM
Seems a good layout to make things easy to find. You may also want to have a separate fictional track section.

Other than the name and location, I think it would be good to have a description of the track (type of circuit [road, street, oval, etc.], its length, if a real track then from what year, its author(s), and the date of its release. It might be good to list at least a few websites where it can be downloaded from.

I'd say that the Grand Prix Legends Track Database at [magnust.d2g.com] is the best put together, most informative, and easy to use racing game track website.

1. What would GPxTIP be?
2.Why limit it to available tracks rather than all released tracks? That way, if a track is unavailable, someone who has it could upload it to website and make it available again.

Post Edited (04-21-03 13:02)
Date: April 21, 2003 10:07AM
Posted by: Bruno
Hello Jackie,

I will not insist that we have all the tracks, but we really have JamesLucarz' Austria 1980 (and at least 3 other Austria tracks). Also the Belini tracks are on our server since his website was closed. If I really have forgotten to "rescue" one of Belini's tracks, just give me a note. I'll change the link then. But I think we have them all already.

--------------------------------------
Staff of grandprixgames.org 2000 - 2003
Date: April 21, 2003 10:21AM
Fictional tracks will appear under Other(s) so I'll rename that button "Fictional & Others". Here are the complete details of the menu buttons...

BY TYPE:

() Road Course
() Street Track
() Oval

BY COUNTRY:

.....counties....

BY NAME

...a-z list of names...

GPxTIP is GPx Tracks In Progress :D

Yes 3 URLs would be good to have

Every track will have the following details.....

*Auto-Num: xxxxx
User ID: (of track editor who has registered)
Type: (any 1)
() Road Course
() Street Track
() Oval
Event: (all that apply)
[] F1
[] Cart
[] Fantasy
Game: (all that apply)
[] GP2
[] GP3
[] GP3 2000
[] GP4
% completed: (if <100 then track in progress)
URL1:
URL2: (optional)
URL3: (optional)
trkversion:
event :
year:
dateofrelase:
length: ... km
screenshot: (optional)
map: (optional)

===========
...and of course under the UserID comes Users (track editors) details

I will not be touching the page after it's made so I hope it can manage by itself.

Any other attirbutes can be thought of for tracks database??

SC
Date: April 21, 2003 10:26AM
So should this site be made or not? There must be 1000's of new tracks fictional, etc that have never been seen. I don't think those authors will co-operate and post it at any site.

Maybe they don't like their file being there. But they may not mind posting the link to their site.

Schubert

SC
Date: April 21, 2003 01:59PM
Posted by: X_Acto
This site is a great idea...

Especially for the old tracks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy