Gloves and Arms

Posted by evroic 
Gloves and Arms
Date: March 07, 2015 02:17AM
Posted by: evroic
Hi Elio.

I downloaded the Mega Pach 1985 and I am adapting for 1984 hands and arms for each car and team.

I need the "red gloves" but with "white arms" to put on Toleman ( Ayrton Senna ) and Spirit ( Emerson Fittipaldi ).

It would be interesting to have various combinations of colors gloves and arms.

You do not forget to send me the TGA file extension.

I am sending a picture where you need only change the colors of arms to white. I do not knwon how to do it.

Tks

Evandro ( Brazil )
Re: Gloves and Arms
Date: March 07, 2015 03:36PM
Posted by: Elio2013
Hi Evandro

As it is you asking, of course! I use paint shop pro 8 for most things, but for arms, steering wheels, legs and visors I have to use Paint shop pro 7. I have to work from an existing file, where the settings are correct and the cut-out mask is the right shape as I can't do that myself from a blank file. I then paste the new selection over the old image to create a tga file that the game will accept.

Here are Senna 84 arms for you and a steering wheel. No need for the visor as he didn't use one.

Plain white arms and hands are included to help anyone that wants to make other colour combinations.

Cheers

Elio

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2015 04:00PM by Elio2013.
Date: March 07, 2015 05:18PM
Wow.... You are the man !!!!

Thanks so much to send and share the file with us.

Can you describe step by step ( if you want.... ) how do you do this ?

I would like to learn to do other....

I put this steering wheel and at the panel, stacks.... it is very cool !!!!

I will put a print screen here to you.

Let´s go race now !!!!!! tam-tam-tam..... Senna....Ayrton Senna....

Wow....

Evandro ( Brazil )
Date: March 07, 2015 08:03PM
Hi Evandro

I assume you mean you want step by step help to make other coloured arms and can put the images into GPxpatch yourself - correct? Be sure to use the tga versions of these files that I emailed you and not these bmps. There are just here so others can see and use if they want to.

Step by step for colouring the arms ... that is difficult as it depends what painting package you use. I use Paintshop Pro 8 mostly and its the one I know best. I don't know much about Photoshop for example, but I am sure that you can use that too. In Paintshop Pro I usually start with a plain white arm and glove. I Then select elements I want to colour and use the 'flood' fill tool in the 'multiply' mode. There is a lot of trail and error (experimenting) to get the right shade of the colour you are using. Often with arms from about 1991 onwards there are logos to place too. You have to angle them and use the 'darken/lighten' tool to create folds. The 'soften' tool and the 'clone' tool are also essential.

I have been making stuff for GP2 / GP3 since 1999 so I have a lot of practice. My limitation is making masks, so when a image is a cut-out with transparent sections I am limited to using shapes which have been made by others, which is a pity. As you can see with this steering wheel (too many black bits on the edges).

Hope this is helpful. I would say you need to find a paint programme you like and learn to use it well, via YouTube tutorials perhaps.

I am happy to make things for you for your F1 1984 season (not too many!). I was tempted to make a 1984 Mega patch but instead will make 1987 after I have made 1976 and 1969.

Happy racing!

Elio
Date: March 08, 2015 02:54AM
Hi Elio !!!!

Your work is very professional and full of datails.... congratulations

Thanks for your help about Paintshop, I will need a lot of time to learn it.

Now I need one more help... now is about Williams Team

I saw inside your Mega Pacth 1985 that have two files "arms":

williams mansell arms.tga -> "blue gloves" with "red arms"
williams rosberg arms.tga -> "red gloves" with "yellow arms"

But insed the file "1985 arms.ini" you put:

[Steer2ControlImage0]
Path=arms\F185\03 williams rosberg arms.tga

It means that Rosberg and Mansell will run with "red gloves" and "yellow arms"

My question, is it not possible to have inside the file ini the two instructions ?
and
Is it possible each car ( cockpit ) has your own driver with personal gloves and arms ?
or
is it the old problem ( limitation ) of the GP3.... like carshape.... one for all..... I can not have different gloves and arms for each drive...

hum....
but I saw that the belini visor helmets ( ex 1999 ) it is possible..... then....

see...

1999visor.ini
[Image1]
Path=01 1999mclaren1.tga
Width=1024
Height=1024
ShowForTeam=1
ShowForCar=1

[Image2]
Path=01 1999mclaren2.tga
Width=1024
Height=1024
ShowForTeam=1
ShowForCar=2

if uou need the file(s) I send by mail....

and

Can you send me by mail:

1 - "red gloves" with "blue arms"
2 - "blue gloves" with "blue arms"

blue arms can be more dark than Ligier ( arms ), like the same coulor of the gloves....

Thanks again and sorry for take your time... but is very good to learn more and more.... I love F1 ( old tracks and cars )

Regards

Evandro ( Brazil )
Date: March 08, 2015 12:01PM
Hi Evandro

It would be good to have different arms for each driver, but I don't think it is possible. It is possible with visors, but these are static images. Arms like steering wheels are animated (they rotate) so use a different part of GPxpatch. I make both colours when the arms are different and then load the one I am racing for example if I want to race as Mansell not Rosberg in 1985. If there is a better solutions I'd be open to it but i think it is unlikely as you'd need to hold all the rotation settings.

I will make those arms for you. It would be good if you tell me the driver and the year you are trying to match to so I can make it as accurate as possible.

Greetings

ELIO
Date: March 08, 2015 12:58PM
Hi Evandro

Check your email inbox for those arms / gloves combinations you asked for.

I'll keep thinking about how to make GPXpatch show more than one arm set or steering wheel per team. First idea didn't work ...

Cheerio

Elio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2015 02:28PM by Elio2013.
Date: March 08, 2015 04:26PM
Thanks again, Elio !!!!

On the different "arms", you said a truth .... visor helmets are static ... but I've seen a steering wheel for each car .... I have this pack in my PC .... then .. .. could be possible to have arms and gloves, if we follow the same set ....

If you want I'll look at this wheel package and send to you.

We will continue exchanging information and if anyone can help us, is open to all.

Greetings

Evandro ( Brazil )
Date: March 08, 2015 05:03PM
Hi Evandro

It would be great to have different arms and steering wheels for every driver. I have just made a steering wheel for De Angelis and I am sure Mansell and Rosberg had different coloured steering wheels. Only Berger had a Smurf on his, not Boutsen. If you can find the file that is giving diffent instructions (Ini file) for each do send it to me. I followed the example of the visor file but that didn't work. You can't make these preferences in the Gpxpatch dialogue boxes it seems. Therefore I think it is about writing the correct commands in text file itself, where you have to get it exactly right.

Can anyone enlighten us?

Thanks

Elio
Date: March 09, 2015 02:46AM
sorry sory sorry !!!!

I was wrong about different "steering wheel for each car".... the right is.... "different steering wheel for each TEAM"

Driver 1 and Driver 2 have the same "steering wheel" !!!!

But.... I remember about the "PITBORD" that were showed when the car pass each lap in front of the boxes.....

Each one has flag of contry ( race driver contry ) and other informations like lap, position, time lap.... MEGA PATH 1985....... made by you.... ( pitbordssx.ini )..... wow !!!!

maybe the answer.....

Evandro ( Brazil )
Date: March 10, 2015 04:08AM
Hi Elio.

Like you did before with the first picture that is on top..... please, may you change the colors of more files and send by mail on TGA format ?

These are combinations to have a simple gloves and arms for any teams....

I Know that some teams like Renaul, Brabham and Lotus have arms and gloves with more datails.....

I will let this update for those that has more time and knowledge....

I need the same for all only change the colors... like you did...

follow the list....

red gloves blue arms.tga.................. it does not need
red gloves white arms.tga................ it does not need
red gloves yellow arms.tga............... it does not need

red gloves black arms.tga
red gloves green arms.tga
red gloves grey arms.tga
red gloves red arms.tga

blue gloves blue arms.tga
blue gloves grey arms.tga
blue gloves red arms.tga
blue gloves yellow arms.tga
blue gloves white arms.tga

yellow gloves green arms.tga
yellow gloves yellow arms.tga

white gloves blue arms.tga
white gloves green arms.tga
white gloves red arms.tga
white gloves white arms.tga

black gloves yellow arms.tga
black gloves white arms.tga

grey gloves red arms.tga
grey gloves grey arms.tga
grey gloves white arms.tga

Greetings

Evandro ( Brazil )
Date: March 11, 2015 07:56PM
Hi Evandro

I will try to get these arms / gloves done as quick as I can. They will go to your inbox, not here.
You should know that I normally make legs at the same time that i make arms to try to match the uniform colouring. But for now I will just do the arms as you've asked.

It does make a big difference is you can add sponsor patches and variations in colour to the arms for accuracy when you can.

Elio
Date: March 11, 2015 09:16PM
Hi Evandro

Check your inbox for more arms than you can shake a stick at (English expression!)

Elio
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy