1985 trackpack 2.0

Posted by ettore 
Re: 1985 trackpack 2.0
Date: January 22, 2015 10:28PM
Posted by: ettore
for the Estoril track I thought that the author was Roberto Scandura ... I can not remember where I seen.. Anyway, now no problem (H)
Date: January 22, 2015 10:30PM
Posted by: evroic
What about fix these problems and make a new version, for example in 1985 TrackPack 2.1

Evandro ( Brazil )
Date: January 22, 2015 10:41PM
Posted by: Elio2013
Hi Ettore

Fantastic work again. I had high expectations and you have surpassed them. Such a lot of care and attention has gone into this. It is an honour that you used so many of my JAMS. Each track is wonderful, but here are a few highlights for me.

Rio - Love the skyline, much more imposing mountains than I've seen before. Great to have the curved pit roof tops. The control tower is great and pitlane exit with wide yellow stripes.
Estroril - Good to see the holiday homes and cottages in the distance.
San Marino - Like the flag poles over the grand stands just before the pit entrance
Monaco - The harbour area is superb
Detroit - Just love all the additions. Big things and small things I've wanted to see for something like the road markings and accurate adverts.
Austria - Nice touch to be able to see yellow fields as well as the green grass. The control tower and pits in general are superb.
Monza - I love the way you have made the trees feel more dense and crowd above over the track before the last chicane.
Brands Hatch - I don't know how it could be improved. Perfection! I was there at the real race in 1985 under the Marlboro sign after paddock hill bend. So much to praise, but here goes ... massive crowds which gives the right atmosphere. Startline grandstand is just right. Pit buildings are just WOW! Great to drive under the crossing over section, just like it really was!

Thanks so much!

Some little issues:

I wonder if a JAM to be seen in the Kyalami pit lane is missing as the team boss at their stools on the left appear to hover in mid air. Perhaps a yellow crash barrier is not seen right.

I am yet to get Zandvoort and Adelaide working. Zandvoort crashes to desktop just after the loading screens as the sound comes in. Adelaide will not start as I can not have my patched version of GP3 run in de-bug mode without stalling. Don't know why. i am going to looking into in.

Anyhow ... thanks so much!

Elio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2015 10:54PM by Elio2013.
Date: January 23, 2015 01:48AM
All tracks working for me now except Adelaide. (Zandvoort fix thanks to Holemad).

I need to find a way to get debug mode working without Gpxpatch crashing in my version of Windows 7

Elio
Date: January 23, 2015 12:14PM
Posted by: shlund
Elio2013 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Ettore
>
> Fantastic work again. I had high expectations and
> you have surpassed them. Such a lot of care and
> attention has gone into this. It is an honour
> that you used so many of my JAMS. Each track is
> wonderful, but here are a few highlights for me.
>
> Rio - Love the skyline, much more imposing
> mountains than I've seen before. Great to have
> the curved pit roof tops. The control tower is
> great and pitlane exit with wide yellow stripes.
> Estroril - Good to see the holiday homes and
> cottages in the distance.
> San Marino - Like the flag poles over the grand
> stands just before the pit entrance
> Monaco - The harbour area is superb
> Detroit - Just love all the additions. Big things
> and small things I've wanted to see for something
> like the road markings and accurate adverts.
> Austria - Nice touch to be able to see yellow
> fields as well as the green grass. The control
> tower and pits in general are superb.
> Monza - I love the way you have made the trees
> feel more dense and crowd above over the track
> before the last chicane.
> Brands Hatch - I don't know how it could be
> improved. Perfection! I was there at the real
> race in 1985 under the Marlboro sign after paddock
> hill bend. So much to praise, but here goes ...
> massive crowds which gives the right atmosphere.
> Startline grandstand is just right. Pit buildings
> are just WOW! Great to drive under the crossing
> over section, just like it really was!
>
> Thanks so much!
>
>
> Elio

I second that :) Thank you very much for this fine package, great work for the GP3 community :)
Date: January 23, 2015 02:56PM
Hi all !!!!

As I have not made the installation of this package I would like to know if there was any change in the available package (1985 TrackPack 2.0) such as the correction of any file or folder inclusion.

Is there a new package with the all fixes ???

Or each one made your own fix...

Tks

Evandro ( Brazil )
Date: January 23, 2015 03:18PM
Hi Ettore

I opened the 10-Osterreichring85.dat file.

There is not the folder and files: gp3jams \ ostjams

Missing files in the folder: gp3jams \ genjam

Aus3jams the folder is required.

Evandro ( Brazil )
Date: January 23, 2015 04:50PM
Hello drivers, I picked up your records and I immediately made a file repair, here the link
Thanks for the compliments, I'm glad you enjoyed
Elio thanks, tower Jacarepagua and yellow stripes at the pit exit has made Rob Scandura. In the file there is a fix version of Adelaide without debugging, you should start.

[www.mediafire.com]
Date: January 23, 2015 05:18PM
The folder aus3jam is already on gp3! and this time you do not need the folder gp3jams \ ostjam because the jip file they are no
Date: January 23, 2015 05:20PM
Ettore,

I open 01-Jacarapagua85.dat and check one by one the files.... I found "one error"....

look... Jam Files (80) - line 39 => gp3jams\genjam\all_lite.jam ( this file is in gp3jamsh\jaca80 , there is not this file in gp3jams\genjam )

is this right ???

or I must to move to the folder gp3jams\genjam ?

I will see the next now....

Tks

Evandro ( Brazil )
Date: January 23, 2015 05:35PM
About 02-Estoril85.dat track I found that many files "must be" in gp3jams\porjams, but in the folder gp3jams\porjams there is only TARMAC.JIP file

some examples....

66 => gp3jams\porjams\suz_hord.jam ........ this file is in gp3jamsH\porjams
67 => gp3jams\porjams\kerbpor2.jam ......... this file is in gp3jamsH\porjams

is this right ???

or I must to move to the folder gp3jams\porjams ?

I will wait about these two question before go to the next...

Sorry if I am wrong.... and doing confusion....

Tks

Evandro ( Brazil )
Date: January 23, 2015 05:49PM
How do I open JIP files and what does it means ?

Evandro ( Brazil )
Date: January 23, 2015 09:11PM
Hi Ettore

Thanks so much for adapting the Adelaide file so I can use it. Great looking track. Makes a big difference to have a correct pit building height. I really love the fruit market buildings on the left half way around the lap. How did you get such a good photo to use?

Its the best late Christmas Present. Thank you thank you!!!

Great weekend of racing ahead.

Elio
Date: January 23, 2015 11:11PM
The image of the Fruits market I took by google street view :-) In kyalami missing a piece of grass because the grass could be seen at the entrance of pit lane (the track is higher than the pit lane, it is difficult to fix..which is why the pit managers are higher than the pit lane, as well as at Brands Hatch ..)
Evroic, some jam files are loaded in the track by Track Editor but not required. You send me the pictures if you have problems (blacks squares) with bitmaps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2015 11:21PM by ettore.
Date: January 23, 2015 11:58PM
Posted by: taube
Thanks so much ettore !!!!!!!!!!!!
Nűrburgring the trees are too perfect !!!!!!!!!!
For me the TP 85 test done and everything's great !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Once again, many thanks for this great work !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date: January 26, 2015 09:51AM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
Great job Ettore, no other words.
Bye
Date: January 26, 2015 09:16PM
Hi Ettore

I have had so much fun over the weekend driving your 1985 F1 track pack. I am going to share some "memories" using my F1 Megapatch carset below in a moment.
Before I do, I just want to check something about Paul Ricard. See photo below ... am I missing a jam as part of the bridge in this picture? I wondered this as there are three black squares above it, which suggests a missing jam between them and the marlboro sign. Secondly, this track is the only one I have ever installed which will not let me exit during play without crashing to desktop. I can still drive it, but its a pity to not be able to save a race and go back to it. I wonder if this can be fixed? I can't use debug mode of course.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2015 09:19PM by Elio2013.
Date: January 26, 2015 09:28PM
I said I would share some race shots ... so here goes.

See if you can spot some small tweaks to jams that I made. Great fun.

Date: January 26, 2015 09:31PM
and some more ...

k_roe/media/Ettores%201985%20Trackpack/gpx_1476_zpsdhz4qj9l.png.html][/URL]

Date: January 27, 2015 12:00PM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
@elio2013
I had the same problem with Paul Ricard, always CTD... i have removed the jiip files (dry, dry1...), and now it works well. Sometimes the jiip files make the track CTD or not opening at all.
The problem with the bridge with the starting lights is related to a transparent jam: you need to set trasparent the corrispondent panels in the object (i usually use the id 1, there was a similar problem in Silverstone with the pitbuilding) using the track editor.
But now tell me, please: where can i get that nice pit-board?
Bye
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy