My first post here | 2003 physics file for GP3 | Some doubts about CarEditor |

Posted by SuperSonic 
Hello everyone!
I'm SuperSonic and I'm from Brasil (alguém aí fala português?).
My English is poor....

----

Well, I made my own 2003 physics file. I think you can get lap times about 0.5 or 1.0 second slower than the real records using it. At Melbourne and Sepang, I can brake the real records.

I used F2003-GA's dimensions;
I calculated inertia proportionally to the default physics;
I used the gp4's braking force and weigth distribution;
Very realistic engine and tyres;

It would be cool to work on this physics file with someone else. :)

----

I have a lot of doubts about CarEditor. I have been trying in the last months to create some carshapes of my own, because the ones I found in GP3-sites were not proportional to real cars and the textures got very distorted. I'm willing to create some generic shapes proportional to real cars and with its polygons proportional to the gp3 default shape. I think it might be possible.

I do have ability to edit the points. The main problem is that I don't know the "unit" that CarEditor uses. I'm sure it's not milimeters, centimeters, inches or whatever. Is there a equation to be used? I mean...

1 CarEditor point = 0.5 mm (example)

I'm sure that 1 CarEditor point = 0.5xxxxx mm

But... 0.50? 0.525? 0.550? 0.575? It makes a lot of difference!

Example:

F2003-GA - Length: 4545mm

If 1 CarEditor point = 0.500 mm ...
Carshape must have 9090 "points" (length)

If 1 CarEditor point = 0.575mm ...
Carshape must have 7094 "points" (length)

It makes a lot of difference!

I have some good pic's and info about length/width/height of some F1 cars, tyres and helmets. So, I'm asking for some help :)
As I said, I still have a lot of doubts, like editing tyres, connections, onboard-cameras (the program crashes), textures that don't appear, etc.

I would get very happy and satisfied if anyone could tell me where I can find a GOOD CarEditor tutorial...

Thank you

See ya

----
Where can we download your 2003 physics files?
Just remembering, my English is poor (alguém aí fala poruguês?)

Well, it's my first expirement in physics making. I am not sure about the x, y
and z inertia values. I'd like to talk about it with expirienced people before introducing the file on the market :-P

Isn't there here any expirienced people in shapes/physics editing???

I'm willing to make a good shape too.

I have made a pretty good 2002 season loading pics too. I think I'm gonna send it to this site.

Let's talk :-P

Thanks
See ya
Please help :)
Re:
Date: April 23, 2003 10:12AM
Posted by: Edilson Vitalino dos santos
My first post here | 2003 physics file for GP3 | Some doubts about CarEditor |
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy