2 different carskins per team?

Posted by FloP 
2 different carskins per team?
Date: April 03, 2003 08:30AM
Posted by: FloP
Why are there always two pictures-one for each car number- included in the carskins zip-files? (how) can you use them with GP3 V1.13?
The original cars all had different numbers on them....

FloP
Re: 2 different carskins per team?
Date: April 03, 2003 11:40AM
Posted by: TheSmokingPen
In GP3, there was only one carskin per team, and the game mapped the numbers in the car bitmap. When Gp3-2000 was released, the game had different bitmaps for the McLaren cars and Marc Aarts soon realised that it was possible to have two skins per team - hence why the Gp3-2000 carsets have two per team, which is very useful for CART and IRL series carsets!

The Pen

Date: April 04, 2003 05:47AM
I see, these are only to use with GP3-2000.
But what are the car number positions from GP3edit? Is there anything to do with these to get two different numbers on the cars of one team?
Thanks, FloP
Date: April 05, 2003 05:02AM
Exactly, that was it. I probably hadn't played around long enough with the program to find it out.
Date: April 08, 2003 06:20PM
Posted by: Fisico2k3
paint the numbers somewhere on the bitmap of the livery (carskin) and then use the numbers in gp3edit as coordinates to place them on the actual car...that sounds silly, but just fiddle round with gp3edit, you'll see what i mean...i REALLY wish you could have diff. skins for same team in gp3, but what the hell
Date: April 09, 2003 03:42AM
I tried out putting numbers in other directions anywhere into the .bmp, but GP3 didn't use them even if I patched everything before. Those numbers included in the .bmp originally are usually usable with GP3Edit. Do they have to be in any special positions to make GP3 able to use them?

FloP
Date: April 10, 2003 05:13PM
Posted by: Fisico2k3
they have to be in the middle third (vertically) of the bmp...i'll email you my car as an example next week, when im home from uni...show ya wat i mean
Date: April 11, 2003 03:26AM
OK
I know what you mean, but even the numbers I put in the upper third weren't displayed on any side of the rear wing, nor were the ones placed in the lower third.
The numbers placed in the middle third of the .bmp were used on the front wing, but not on the car's nose. In GP3Edit I chose them and also where to put them on the car, so that wasn't the problem, but they weren't displayed in GP3. Patching the .bmp and car number positions several times did not help. The only result was that I had a 11 12 number on the side of the car when I had put the numbers into the wrong area of the .bmp.
Ridiculous story.

FloP
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy