Short distance races KI pitstops

Posted by martymcflyjr 
Short distance races KI pitstops
Date: June 01, 2014 07:38PM
Posted by: martymcflyjr
Hello,

i just got my steering wheel out of the corner and isntalled GP3 again :)

After I started a season with a racing distance of 30% i wanted to take a 2 pitstop strategy. Unfortunately the KI drivers dont take a pitstop at all. Is there a possibility to get the KI to take a 1, 2 or 3 pitstop strategy??

I will be happy for an answer!

Kind regards
Dave
Re: Short distance races KI pitstops
Date: June 01, 2014 08:15PM
Posted by: Ajayrious
Use an editor to reduce the race distance and then run the races as 100%.
Date: June 02, 2014 04:32PM
Posted by: degas
You need three tools to do this: the "GP3 CMagic", the "Magic Data file creator" and the "Track Editor".

First of all you need to know that some informations used by tracks (e.g. the IA pit stop strategy) must be stored in external files, and can be edited by using the Magic Data File Creator.

You have to extract the magic data (.md file) from your track (.dat file) with GP3 Magic.

Then you need to use the track editor to decrease the race lenght (I use 33% of the total) and save the track. Note that this procedure will destroy all magic data inside the .dat (the track itself) file. Fortunately you have followed my instructions and you have the .md file safely stored :)

Now you can edit the magic data by using Magic Data File Creator. Adjust the pit stop strategy (note that it is possible to set a probability of cars do one, two or three pitstops), and you need to determine all pitstops windows (the initial lap and the amount os laps in the window). Don't forget to save the file after editing.

After this you can insert the magic file into the track by using GP3 CMagic.

Have fun.
Date: June 02, 2014 05:48PM
Posted by: ArniV8
I always use GP3 Pit & Lap Editor!

You can edit the lap numbers and the pit stops.
1, 2 or 3 stops and the pit stop window.

Example for no pitstops: 55 laps - 1 Pit: 100 % - 1st Pitstop: Lap 55 - Pitstop window: 0 laps

[alexcar.altervista.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2014 05:48PM by ArniV8.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy