GPxPatch 4.24 [released]

Posted by SDI 
GPxPatch 4.24 [released]
Date: May 30, 2014 04:27PM
Posted by: SDI
GPxPatch 4.24 has been released.

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
Re: GPxPatch 4.24 [released]
Date: May 30, 2014 06:41PM
Posted by: Carlitox
As always, thank you very much René :-) I'll be testing it out this weekend and reporting back should I find any bug. But for now, thanks for your tremendous effort!

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: May 30, 2014 07:47PM
Posted by: meanmc
Thank you!!!
Date: May 30, 2014 08:08PM
Posted by: shlund
I agree... (Y)(Y)(Y) Thank you very very much. Great with new sound options for better realism :)
Date: May 31, 2014 07:09PM
Posted by: pirx
(B) cheerz!
great!
thx!! -will test now.. :)
Date: June 01, 2014 07:16PM
I can't get it to work with GP3 1.13... Normally new updates of GPxPatch installs without any problems, but not this one.

I have tried to install the update without deleting the previous and also with uninstalling the previous installation, but no result. The GPxPatch .exe logo is no longer looking 'normal' but is like a 'standard' file.

Am I the only one with a problem?
Date: June 01, 2014 07:20PM
Posted by: holemad
not tested yet. will be something for this week
Date: June 02, 2014 08:20AM
testreport for GP3-2000:

everything seems ok, great new sound possibilities

:)
Date: June 02, 2014 08:09PM
Posted by: holemad
everything went fine. installed it over the existing patch (4.23) without any issues.
I haven't tested the new stuff yet, but the game does run ok.
Date: June 02, 2014 10:22PM
Great.

Date: June 04, 2014 09:59PM
I have released version 4.24a with a fix for the event sounds.

Date: June 09, 2014 10:35PM
Posted by: OldIsGold
hi, works fine for me

just one question, how do you disable the 'riding with' banner as it was in 4.23?

ive tried doing it through gpx patch but it gives the old top banner and I don't want that. I want it like it was in 4.23

anyone know how to do this?
Date: June 10, 2014 10:51AM
SDI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have released version 4.24a with a fix for the
> event sounds.

Happy to say that everything works fine here...

Thank you very much for great update :)
Date: June 11, 2014 07:27PM
..only one tiny thing of the wonderful .24-edition I do not really like, because it behaves a little strange:

[-GPxSound: Pit communication event sounds are now mutually exclusive]

here in GP3-2000 this also leads to missing/supressed sounds if they are short and to close after each other. the samples:
"second light, third, all lights on, gogogo" from Tom Sturmann Event Sounds are now totaly supressed by the "first light on"-sample at a start of a GP. which is a loss for me. until 4.23 this circumstance of double played material never annoyed me and I could handle it by shorten the audiosamples. now in 4.24 I can´t do any workaround as user.

/* irony: ON
Is GPxPatch going the "Apple Way"?
/* irony: OFF

cheerz,
pirx
Date: June 11, 2014 08:21PM
@OldIsGold: not sure what you mean here. With which GPxSAT mode is this? What I changed is that in Digital 2010 mode, if you decide to replace the 'riding with' sky message, it is always shown, also when changing cameras, and it doesn't exclude other information. The DisableRidingWithOnCameraChange setting only works for Digital and Digital 2004 modes now. In those modes you can set this setting to 0 under the [Digital] and [Digital2004] sections in gpxsat.ini.

@pirx: is this with 4.24 or 4.24a? Anyway, what you describe shouldn't happen because the StartingLights events are not pit communication events. So that would be a bug. Where can I download this soundset?

Date: June 12, 2014 01:03AM
Yes, SDI, that's it. That's what I meant. So I cant disable riding with on camera change anymore in digital 2010?
I really liked that feature. How do I get it back? Can I just add DisableRidingWithOnCameraChange=1 to gpxSAT.ini in the digital 2010 section? Or does readding this feature require you to release another version of gpxpatch?
Date: June 12, 2014 02:19PM
it happens in both gpxpatch-versions, tested in XP+7-64bit.

look at your PMs for link
(be careful with TomSturmann-sounds, they are extremely loud)
Date: June 12, 2014 09:22PM
@OldIsGold: I think what you really want is the setting "Riding with" under "Replace sky message" in the GPxSAT tab? The replacement message shows the driver name in digital 2010 style at the bottom.

@pirx: I can't reproduce your problem, the sounds are not muted. But I tested in GP4, maybe I should try GP3.
Edit: Works fine in GP3 too... perhaps it only fails in GP3-2000 then?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2014 09:31PM by SDI.
Date: June 12, 2014 10:03PM
No, sdi, you're not getting me. I already have all features of gpxSAT surned on. I have riding with working well in digital 2010 mode. I just want to turn on Disableridingwithoncamerachange in digital 2010, like it is in digital and digital 2004. I just want to know how to do that.

In gpxpatch 4.23 disableridingwithoncamerachange was enabled for digital 2010 as well. I just want to know how I can turn it on again in gpxpatch 4.24

Sorry for the confusion, my English is not very good
Date: June 13, 2014 01:07AM
In 4.24 you can't.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy