Old Montreal layout???

Posted by FRobert 
Old Montreal layout???
Date: April 28, 2003 11:21AM
Posted by: FRobert
Anybody knows if the old Montreal track (1978-1981) is available for download for GP3???
Re: Old Montreal layout???
Date: April 28, 2003 12:23PM
Posted by: daveb
Date: April 28, 2003 12:43PM
Posted by: bigears
I remembered that I saw a screenshot of the old layout in the TE.

Was it Dieter or Glyn that attmepted to make it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: April 28, 2003 12:50PM
Really??? I'm looking for it since the first tracks for GP2!!
What is the TE? These guys are still in the circuit or they are out?
Thanks
Date: April 28, 2003 12:59PM
TE is short for Track Editor.

I am not too sure. I do a search in here.

*blows the dust off the search button*

Date: April 28, 2003 01:14PM
Found it:

[www.grandprix3.com]

The gif pic is offline so it was Larry O'Meara who attempted to make the older circuit.

Date: April 28, 2003 01:40PM
Great memory man That was a year ago!!
Do you have any contact with that Larry O'meara guy?
Cool stuff!
Thanks
Date: April 28, 2003 03:15PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
Actually it was only several months ago.

It's the 1991-1993 configuration Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal track. This circuit had various different configurations with both different track layouts and different pit and start/finish line locations both in earlier years and in subsequent years.

The (beta) version that Larry O'Meara made is different from the original GP3/GP3-2000 Montreal track in having a chicane on the back straight. Besides the different pit and start/finish line locations, the other versions of this circuit had various additional chicanes and other small differences.

I imagine that Larry O'Meara has not publicly released this track as it is not correct in terms of track graphics, various track objects, and other assorted details, and Larry is very much a perfectionist (as can plainly be seen from his 3 different released Montreal tracks) and doesn't want to release anything that is not up to his usual high standards.

Perhaps he might be prevailed upon to complete or otherwise publicly release this track?

Post Edited (04-29-03 05:29)
Date: April 29, 2003 09:03AM
Look here for different changes of the Montreal circuits:

[www.racingcircuits.net]

THe reason I remembered the old thread is because it is one of the first threads I have looked at in the whole forum.

Date: April 29, 2003 10:05AM
Cool stuff! Have you ever been on the circuit?walking around it? It's very impressive!
Date: April 29, 2003 01:10PM
Are you referring to me or Larry?

I never been to Canada myself anyway but Larry himself live very near to the track and he has always made his Montreal tracks very accurately doen to the manhole covers on the tracks and marshals around the circuits.

I will give him a nudge to him and see what he can do. But I think he is committed to the GP4 game though.

Date: April 30, 2003 10:14AM
I would love to have his track.. I'm also from Montréal... I would love to try to finish it... If he doesn't mind!
Thanks!
Date: April 30, 2003 12:16PM
Well, if Larry O'Meara does allow someone else to finish this track or use it as a base to make other versions of the Montreal circuit (as I understood it, he said it was allright for me to do so, but I am definitely no track editor), I would be glad to help with the track graphics and information about these tracks as I have complete onboard videos of the Montreal circuit from 1991 and from a year in the 1980's as well as race review videos of every Grand Prix at this circuit (and every other circuit) dating back to the first World Drivers' Championship in 1950.

Ask Larry O'Meara if it would be okay with him if you worked on these tracks. You should be able to get his e-mail address from the readme files included with any of this Montreal tracks.
Date: April 30, 2003 12:51PM
Cool!
I would love to give it a go! I'll ask Larry and I will keep you posted!
Thanks
Date: April 30, 2003 12:53PM
if u wanted somthing VERY basic - download the gp2 version and convert it in the track editor. The only car that wil run is you'res though

Date: April 30, 2003 02:52PM
well daveb gave you a suggestion.

Have a look at it and see what it is really like then work on the GP3 TE.

Daveb, you don't need to download it as it is already in the GP2 game unless he might not have it.

Date: April 30, 2003 02:56PM
FRobert,

If it's okay with Larry and he has misplaced the track, you can get it from me because he sent it to me. Larry O'Meara was gracious enough to modify this track from one of his GP3 Montreal tracks in response to my several years of pleading for someone to make these tracks.

daveb,

Have you actually ever tried converting a GP2 track with Paul Hoad's Track Editor? I was advised that it sometimes didn't work at all. My experience with trying to convert several dozen GP2 tracks to GP3 is that it actually hardly ever works at all. It's probably a whole lot easier (not that it's at all easy) to either modify a GP3 track or make one from scratch.
Date: May 01, 2003 08:24PM
Posted by: Ellis
alot of the time it is eaier to build a GP3 track rather than convert one, hes right

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 03, 2003 09:18AM
if u just want a few laps yourself.
1) hit the convert button
2) remove the cc line
3) remove all scenery especially the illegal camera's
4) save it as a gp3 track

this takes about 5 mins and it usually works
just make sure the pitlane is connected

Date: May 03, 2003 10:23AM
Posted by: chrislewis
The track from gp2 is different to previous years. I remember that the Montreal circuit was modified in 94 after Sennas death, with that chicane on the final straight. FRobert is asking for previous to that, and gp2 was configured for the 94 season.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy