Posted by FRobert 
Re: Old Montreal layout???
Date: May 03, 2003 11:47AM
Posted by: bigears
Ok,I will make yourselves clearer about the layouts:

1978-1986:

1988-1993:

1994:

THe rest of the newer layouts is available in the GP3 game anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: May 03, 2003 12:37PM
Posted by: daveb
i'm convinced that gp2 doesn't have the chicane on the back straight and it has the ''modern'' layout

Date: May 03, 2003 12:46PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
Actually, the 1978 layout was different from the later one, and a tyre chicane was still in place for the 1995 Grand Prix.

Circuit lengths were:

2.796 miles or 4.500 km 1978
2.740 miles or 4.410 km 1979-1987
2.728 miles or 4.390 km 1988-1990
2.753 miles or 4.430 km 1991-1993
2.765 miles or 4.450 km 1994
2.753 miles or 4.430 km 1995
2.747 miles or 4.421 km 1996-2001

The original GP2 Montreal track is not of the correct 1994 configuration as it has no tyre chicane on the back straight. It does, however, differ from the latter day Montreal tracks in having the other (non-tyre) chicane on the back straight, as Larry O'Meara's 1991-1993 Montreal track does. The Circuit Gilles Villeneuve is one of several original GP2 circuits that are of the incorrect configuration for 1994 in lacking temporary chicanes, others being the Circuit de Catalunya and the Circuit National de Spa-Francorchamps.

As far as I know, none of the earlier Montreal tracks were ever made for GP2 other than for the 1979-1987 one.

Post Edited (05-03-03 19:52)
Date: May 03, 2003 12:53PM
Posted by: sasjag
dave b is right GP2 has no tyre chicane

Formula 1 on the PSOne has ot tho, and that is 95 season

i remeber vader posting a screen of it some time back

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: May 03, 2003 01:23PM
If anyone wants to see onboard video of the 1979-1987 Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, there are two full lap onboard F1 videos of this circuit in the "Lap of the Gods" videos. (I also have a full onboard F1 lap from the 1991 Canadian Grand Prix acquired second-hand from a Japanes source.)

The two-volume "Lap of the Gods" and the "Onboard 956" videos that are still widely available for purchase are really essential viewing for anyone interested in racing circuits of the early 1980's. "Lap of the Gods" features full practice lap F1 onboard videos of all the Grand Prix circuits of the "turbo-era" with Murray Walker's commentary, while "Onboard 956" has full onboard practice lap videos of Derek Bell in a Porsche 956 of a number of circuits, including the Nurburgring Nordschleife, Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe, Silverstone, Spa-Francorchamps, and Kyalami, all filmed or videotaped in 1983, with Derek Bell's commentary. "Lap of the Gods", while being of a somewhat higher video quality than "Onboard 956" (which is certainly of a much more than merely acceptable quality) suffers somewhat from the "T-cams" being positioned at a very steep angle so that not all that much of the circuits' surroundings can be seen. However, generally being not overly quick "practice" laps means that these videos do let you get a fairly leisurely look at the circuits, allthough Derek Bell in "Onboard 956", and Alain Prost (exceptionally) in "Lap of the Gods", definitely do not take their time around the circuits. (Bell, for example, completes his circuit of the Nurburgring Nordschleife in 6:44, while apologizing for his slowness which he attributes to having a very heavy camera on board.)
Date: May 03, 2003 03:16PM
i've got the first part of a lap with rene arnoux in either '77 or '79 if u want it. it goes round 2 what is now turn 3

Date: May 03, 2003 03:45PM
Posted by: Vader
Psygnosis Formula One (season 1995) Montreal with chicane:

Post Edited (05-03-03 22:46)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 04, 2003 01:00PM
yeh vader has that got the other (permanant at the time) chicane on the back straight

Date: May 04, 2003 02:58PM
Posted by: X_Acto
I know that game...

It's from PS1, isn't it? ;-)
Date: May 12, 2003 08:34AM
Posted by: FRobert
"he two-volume "Lap of the Gods" and the "Onboard 956" videos that are still widely available for purchase are really essential viewing for anyone interested in racing circuits of the early 1980's. "Lap of the Gods" features full practice lap F1 onboard videos of all the Grand Prix circuits of the "turbo-era" with Murray Walker's commentary, while "Onboard 956" has full onboard practice lap videos of Derek Bell in a Porsche 956 of a number of circuits, including the Nurburgring Nordschleife, Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe, Silverstone, Spa-Francorchamps, and Kyalami, all filmed or videotaped in 1983, with Derek Bell's commentary. "Lap of the Gods", while being of a somewhat higher video quality than "Onboard 956" (which is certainly of a much more than merely acceptable quality) suffers somewhat from the "T-cams" being positioned at a very steep angle so that not all that much of the circuits' surroundings can be seen. However, generally being not overly quick "practice" laps means that these videos do let you get a fairly leisurely look at the circuits, allthough Derek Bell in "Onboard 956", and Alain Prost (exceptionally) in "Lap of the Gods", definitely do not take their time around the circuits. (Bell, for example, completes his circuit of the Nurburgring Nordschleife in 6:44, while apologizing for his slowness which he attributes to having a very heavy camera on board.)"
Could I have the full informations about these two videos?
Thanks
Date: May 13, 2003 06:20AM
"in car - 956" contains footage of complete (practice/demonstration, but driven quite quickly) onboard laps (often two of a circuit, driven consecutively) from 1983 in a Rothmans Porsche 956 driven by Derek Bell with his commentary (mostly dubbed in afterwards, but some actually recorded as he drove) of the following circuits:

Silverstone 2.93 miles
"Old" Nurburgring 13.02 miles
Le Mans 8.47 miles
Spa-Francorchamps 4.32 miles
Fuji Speedway 2.67 miles
Brands Hatch 2.61 miles
Kyalami 2.55 miles

There is a little additional footage of Derek Bell in the pits, chatting and preparing to go out onto the tracks. The camera shows the car dashboard and steering wheel and offers a very good view of the circuits through the windshield. The video quality is not of current state-of-the-art quality, as it was made in 1983, probably on videotape rather than film, but I find it to be more than of merely acceptable quality. There were two versions of "in car - 956" produced, originally without music, and later with music dubbed in. The copy that I purchased from EWA was identified by them as being the original one without music and was, indeed, such. The running time of this video is probably about 50 minutes.

"Lap of the Gods - (A Driver's Eye View of an A to Z of 23 Grand Prix circuits)" consists of two video-cassettes, which together contain footage of 30 different onboard (practice/demonstration) laps of 23 different circuits with different Formula One cars and drivers, apparently filmed, and not videotaped, from the late 1970's to the late 1980's, with introductions and commentary by Murray Walker. The laps are of the following circuits, drivers and cars:

Adelaide Tambay Renault
Anderstorp Andretti Lotus
Brands Hatch Stewart Tyrrell
Brands Hatch Mansell Lotus
Buenos Aires Jabouille Renault
Detroit Piquet Lotus
Detroit Cheever Renault
Estoril Tambay Renault
Hockenheim Pironi Tyrrell
Hungaroring Streiff Tyrrell
Imola Warwick Renault
Kyalami Prost Renault
Long Beach Depailler Tyrrell
Monaco Prost Renault
Monaco Depailler Tyrrell (6-wheel)
Montreal Depailler Tyrrell
Montreal Arnoux Renault
Monza Laffite Ligier
Monza Cheever Renault
Osterreichring Cheever Renault
Osterreichring Tambay Renault
Paul Ricard Cheever Renault
Rio Depailler Tyrrell
Silverstone Jabouille Renault
Spa Tambay Renault
Suzuka Nannini Minardi
Suzuka Nakajima Lotus
Watkins Glen Pironi Tyrrell
Zandvoort Prost Renault
Zolder Lauda Brabham

The laps are not identified by year, but by driver, and car make and specific model, so that the year of each lap can be identified from the driver and car.

Because they were apparently filmed rather than videotaped, these onboard laps are of a better visual quality than the one in "in car - 956", although, of course, they are not of current state-of-the-art quality due to their age. The cameras are positioned approximately in what one sees in a "T-cam" view these days, except that they are usually placed rather higher and angled down quite steeply, so that there is a good view of the driver and car cockpit, but not so much trackside detail can be seen clearly. The Spa lap is marred by the camera lens becoming splattered with dirt due to Tambay following his team-mate very closely around the circuit, at the film producer's badly judged request. Most of the laps are driven in relatively leisurely fashion (probably due to the weight of the then very large and heavy cameras), with the notable exception of Alain Prost and Nelson Piquet (who crashes at the very end of his lap). The laps in the two volumes are arranged in alphabetical order of circuit. The first volume contains the Adelaide-Monaco laps and the second volume contains the Montrea-Zolder laps. The running time of each of the two video-cassettes is probably about 50 minutes.

These videos were available for purchase from [www.dukevideo.com] in the U.K. and [ewa1.com] in the U.S.A. (which typically has a sale every summer), both reputable retailers, the last that I checked.

Post Edited (05-13-03 13:49)
Date: May 13, 2003 06:27AM
FRobert,

I assume that you received my e-mail and attachment?
Date: May 13, 2003 08:44AM
Posted by: FRobert
Yes of course... Thanks a lot!!! I have'nt time to check it out... but I will this summer... I'll keep you posted!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy