Help

Posted by elcorredor 
Help
Date: January 17, 2014 02:44AM
Posted by: elcorredor
I'm trying to install a few tracks but I can't the installation instructions are brief and I don't understand it at all.can anybody help me step by step? really,the installation intructions must be more explained,Maybe a tutorial.I'dike to modify the game with new carsets,cockpits... as well
Re: Help
Date: January 17, 2014 11:20AM
Posted by: EricMoinet
You must use GPxPatch for that.

The easiest way is :
- create a folder somewhere on your hard drive and name it Tracks (ie: D:\Tracks)
- put the dat files of the tracks you want to use in it
- in GPxPatch go to GPxTrack tab and link your dat file to a slot
- put the jams folder included with your track into the jams folder of the game (ie: C:\Program Files\Infogrames\GP3\GP3JamsH).
Two things about this one :
1- depending on if you're using GP3 or 2000 addon the game is not installed into the same folder : Infogrames for 2000, Microprose for GP3
2- depending on your graphic card, there are two modes the game can play : Software Mode if you have an integrated GC, Hardware Mode if you have an external GC. You'll have to add the relevant jams folder in your game in GP3Jams for Software Mode and GP3JamsH for Hardware Mode.

Date: January 18, 2014 12:39AM
sorry, I tried but without results I'm new in this of adding patches, tracks,can anyone explain me more detailed?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2014 12:40AM by elcorredor.
Date: January 18, 2014 02:39PM
Ok, so first of all there is a GP3 FAQ where you can find a lot of useful tips to play and mod the game. Read it, especially parts 2, 3 and 4, it's really interesting.

Now, let's assume that you have installed GP3 out of the box. You need to patch it to use the mods made by the community :
official1.13 patch and decrypted-exe (links here) GPxPatch (link here)
Here is a good step by step to install everything. It is for Seven but runs quite the same way for XP (btw GP3 seems to run in a better way on XP and you don't need to set compatibility modes for it).

So now, how to mod the game ?
First have a look in your GP3 directory (C:\Program Files\Microprose\Grand Prix 3). There are several files and folders. One of them is circuits in which you have several .dat files. Those files are the original tracks of the game. Two other folders are Gp3jams and Gp3jamsH that contain the graphics of the tracks and the game. If you go into one of them you will see several folders with a strange name (Bar3jam,...) these folders contain the track graphics.

Now have a look at a track you want to add : you have a zip/rar file that you must uncompress. In it you *should* have a dat file, a jams folder (or two) and a GP3Form file. The latter isn't always there unfortunately but gets useful notes on how to install the track. The main thing is to know where to put the files. The dat one can be put in the circuit folder, but as I've said previously it's better to put all the tracks you add in a separate folder somewhere on your hard drive. For the jams files they MUST be into the Gp3jams or/and Gp3jamsH folders. The best way is to copy the whole jams folder of your rar/zip file into that directories. Be aware that your jams folder doesn't contain another folder (if it's the case, it's this one that you must copy into the directory).

Now how to use your new track in game : in your GP3 directory (C:\Program Files\Microprose\Grand Prix 3) double click on the GPxPatch.exe you have previously installed, that will launch GPxPatch. Go to the GPxTrack tab and go to the track manager and Edit. There you have all the tracks in their running order. To add your track you have to replace an existing one, so click on the button to change the track and go to the folder where your track is. Save it and launch the game by clicking the Start button in GPxPatch.

That's it. :-)

Date: January 18, 2014 05:46PM
Posted by: AndreaGP
Hello elcorredor when download the track read the file text for instructions is very simple :)

regards
Date: January 19, 2014 12:00AM
I added the track correctly,but when I play It shows only the track;there's no trees,no fences...what I'm missing?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2014 12:02AM by elcorredor.
Date: January 19, 2014 09:43AM
Posted by: holemad
you are not having the jams in the right folder, or you are driving software mode whilst the jams are placed under gp3jamsh.
In the game, go to options/graphic options and look at which card is showing (software or something like nvidia)
and set this to the nvidia (or another manufacturer).
could you tell which track you're trying to install? it would help us a bit more too.
Date: January 19, 2014 05:32PM
I agree with holemad. I guess there is no GP3form with the track so that could be difficult to get the right name of the jams folder too.

In last resort you could download Track Editor by Paul Hoad, open the dat file in it and go to the jams section to get that name.

Date: January 20, 2014 02:02AM
by now I'm trying Yas marina 2013.I read the gp3 form,and i'm not using software 3d,and all is just as gp3 form text says.
Date: January 20, 2014 11:15PM
Sorry I don't have that track so can't help you on that. Maybe someone else has it and can help you.

Date: January 21, 2014 12:11AM
it's not only in this track but every track I add
Date: January 21, 2014 12:42AM
Don't know what's your issue :-o
Did you put the jams in Gp3jamsH folder and what's the name of the folder they are in ?

Date: January 21, 2014 07:20AM
the 2013 tracks should work! can you send me a printscreen of your folder structure so that i can see whats wrong?

Sent it to dirkholemans@telenet.be (its also in the gp3form)
Date: January 22, 2014 02:44AM
okay I sent you the printscreens. I put the belini folder(gp3jams of the track) in the gp3jams of the game,and the yas folder(gp3jamsH of the track) in the gp3jamsH of the game.Maybe the graphic card has something to do. If it's useful my graphic card is little old nvidia geforce 8400 gs

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2014 03:01AM by elcorredor.
Date: January 22, 2014 06:17AM
ok. didn't you make a belini folder in gp3jamsh? should be like this grandprix3\gp3jamsh\belini\tracks\yas ; gp3jams\belini will be ok
graphic card seems to be fine.

Dirk
Date: January 22, 2014 03:22PM
you made the mistake as i described above. I'll send you my folder structure to be sure you get it right.
Date: January 22, 2014 11:44PM
It worked! I misread the gp3form.and very thanks for your HELP!! I have a question: there's no way to add gp3 2000 season without the original cd?
Date: January 23, 2014 12:47AM
Posted by: mortal
There is likely a 2000 season carset available for download. Adding GP3 2000 would require the installation cd.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy