GP3 and Windows question

Posted by lympog 
GP3 and Windows question
Date: December 31, 2013 05:21PM
Posted by: lympog
Hi folks,
This has probably come up before, but I haven't found an answer yet.

I'm looking at getting a new laptop next year, purely for running GP3 and rFactor, but am wondering if there are any issues I need to be aware of with regards to Windows Vista, 7 or 8? Can these machines even run games as old as GP3 and rF and if not, what ideal machine should I be looking for?

Thanks in advance.
L
Re: GP3 and Windows question
Date: December 31, 2013 08:50PM
Posted by: mortal
As long as you throw pots of money at it, making sure you have bought yourself a dedicated gaming laptop you should be fine. Any laptop that has an integrated graphics chip, such as an Intel will be useless. You could run GP3 in software mode, however you would not be able to run rFactor. So, a laptop for gaming is what you need. Win 7 is probably your best bet as far as an OS goes.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 01, 2014 12:28PM
Posted by: pirx
..prefer NVidia grafic-chips to run GP3!
Date: January 01, 2014 01:41PM
@Mortal,
Thanks for that. Thing is, it wouldn't be a huge investment - the games are simply something I like to play when I want to chill out occasionally.
Cheers,
L
Date: January 01, 2014 01:56PM
Posted by: OldIsGold
another thing you might want to consider...

a dual boot. I'm not sure about rfactor, but I know for a fact that gp3 works best on windows xp. there is some issues with windows 7, not sure why. I have a dual boot, and gp3 works fine on the xp side but on the windows 7 side, even with the same graphics config etc, it's horrible.

anyway, that's just my findings
Date: January 02, 2014 07:43PM
Posted by: bigpopopof
Hello everybody i wish a happy new year 2014. i would like to know which carshape was used for this picture? (1994 Lola Larousse)

Thanks. link fo he picture [www.pedmonds.f9.co.uk]
Date: January 04, 2014 07:20PM
cheers for the help folks - very much appreciated.
:)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy