Since new tracks for the current seasons are not been made yet
i start this topic to ask what circuits would be good to stand for replacement

next year we have a couple of new venues
sochi - not been made
America - the city circuit not been seen even
austin- not been made
a1 ring or red bull ring -exists
Mexico- two versions with and without stadion

i have americanized instanbul (austinbul) because it has many sections and the layout reminds me a bit of austin
but my question is what other fine circuits can we use to fit the bill

many regards
from rumbeke
Ste

[www.facebook.com]
Re: Remplacement tracks for 2014 Season
Date: November 19, 2013 12:06PM
Posted by: shlund
sté Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dear members
>
> Since new tracks for the current seasons are not
> been made yet
> i start this topic to ask what circuits would be
> good to stand for replacement
>
> next year we have a couple of new venues
> sochi - not been made
> America - the city circuit not been seen even
> austin- not been made
> a1 ring or red bull ring -exists
> Mexico- two versions with and without stadion
>
> i have americanized instanbul (austinbul) because
> it has many sections and the layout reminds me a
> bit of austin
> but my question is what other fine circuits can we
> use to fit the bill
>
> many regards
> from rumbeke
> Ste

If we take a look on the history of F1 in USA we could use Watkins Glen, New York - Indianapolis (infield layout Belini version) - Phoenix (city circuit) - Detroit (city circuit) - Dallas (city circuit) - Long Beach (city curcuit)....

Most authentic regarding F1 history in Mexico is the track without the stadion section, but the circuit with the stadion section is a bit better (imho)...

A1 Ring (RedBull Ring) should be Belinis great version updated to todays standard (i.e. without the big grandstand opposite pits - and more)

Other circuits with no Formula One history is: Houston (city track), Mid Ohio, Seirs Point, Road Atlanta, Road America, Portland, Laguna Seca, and Monterrey (Mexico)

For Sochi, Russia, perpaps a fictive track would do: 1993 Yaroslavl Autodrome (Russia), Krasnodar Autodrome (Russia), Kyzyl Kum Autodrome (Kazakhstan) all made by Scandura

Looking forward to see more proposals.. :)

PS: Alternatively I would kindly like to ask if anyone might consider making the layouts for the missing 2014 circuits with only basic scenery inside and outside fences together with a decent cc-line.

If this could be done I think it would be easier to finish the tracks with new objects and more.. Would that be a usefull idea..?? :>
Date: November 19, 2013 02:40PM
Posted by: andrzej pilaszkiewicz
I would use : 1/Road America-Elkhart Lake (Rob Scandura version) instead of Austin, 2/Big City (RS) instead of New York proposal and 3/Krasnodar (RS) instead of Sochi.
But more significant problem for GPG community is that - imo - there is one man only who can make any of GP3 tracks from scratch... And no prospects for a change...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2013 02:42PM by andrzej pilaszkiewicz.
Date: November 19, 2013 03:25PM
Posted by: holemad
you're totally right, andrzej, there is currently only 1 man actif for making tracks; don't know about claudio at the moment.

For next season i would prefer watkins glen or elkhart lake for USA, longbeach as for a NY street track and krasnodar or yaroslavl for russia.
Mexico is already available in different layouts, maybe we have the right one from rob.(if mexico is still included in 2014?)
Redbull ring has still the same layout as A1-ring 2003, with main stands and pitbuildings to rebuild.

And for 2013? Is there a need for an american track? I could do some 2013 look-a-like for indianapolis if asked.
Or Austinbul(l) as sté has suggested?

best regards,
Dirk
Date: November 19, 2013 03:27PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
New Jersey and Mexico are not confirmed yet and would probably be dropped off the calendar.

I guess someone can use an A1-Ring dat as a base to update it to Red Bull Ring current status.

I can try to make a track lane with elevations for Sochi and Austin if no-one has started them yet, but we will need other people to make cc-line, sceneries and objects on them.

Sochi isn't yet started currently if i'm correct, so I will have a go at Austin first if it's ok for everybody.

Date: November 19, 2013 04:59PM
Posted by: shlund
EricMoinet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> New Jersey and Mexico are not confirmed yet and
> would probably be dropped off the calendar.
>
> I guess someone can use an A1-Ring dat as a base
> to update it to Red Bull Ring current status.
>
> I can try to make a track lane with elevations for
> Sochi and Austin if no-one has started them yet,
> but we will need other people to make cc-line,
> sceneries and objects on them.
>
> Sochi isn't yet started currently if i'm correct,
> so I will have a go at Austin first if it's ok for
> everybody.

This is good news Moinet :)...

If the layout could be made (as I mentioned in earlier post) we might be lucky that one or two modders could help us out and join in with CC-line, scenery, buildings and all the rest in order to have some fine circuits....

Please give it a try and let's see what we can do together :) Anybody disagree..?? :>
Date: November 19, 2013 05:53PM
Posted by: holemad
go ahead, eric! maybe uwe (zieli) can help with cc-line,others with scenery and some of us know how to work with objects and textures ;-)

Would be a nice project with a lot of people involved!
Good Luck.
Date: November 19, 2013 11:11PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Thanks mates, I'll go for it :-) Help will be much appreciate too so don't hesitate. :-)

Date: November 20, 2013 08:28AM
Posted by: sté
hey thats great news and it will a great effort if this can be pulled off
maybe thats the future each can do a part i really hope so because it stays a great game
i think also that some races will be dropt 22 current venues on the calender
seems way to much

[www.facebook.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy