Ok, weird wheels!

Posted by senninho 
Ok, weird wheels!
Date: March 26, 2003 01:52AM
Posted by: senninho
Right, i've just gone back to GP3 after GP4 (keeps randomly crashing), and i've remembered a problem i always used to have, but never fixed. Basically, when i import a new carset using gp3edit, from the outside it looks fine, but from the cockpit or on-board cam views, the tyre textures are all wrong - it looks like the car texture has been wrapped around them! Anyone else have this problem?

Re: Ok, weird wheels!
Date: March 26, 2003 03:30AM
Posted by: Andrew81au
Have had that problem myself. Fixable but I don't remember how!

I have reloaded the carset and that normally fixes it for me. Haven't had the problem for a long while.
Date: March 26, 2003 10:46AM
Posted by: Gord_on_wheels
I think when i had this problem, i saved the tyres from another carset and then loaded them into the carset that was causing the problem, i'm not sure, i only used to have the problem with wet tyres though.

I think thats what i did, must be worth a try.

Date: March 26, 2003 03:15PM
Posted by: interdel
I am having the same problem, so if someone can come up with a solution it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

When Schumacher started I was all for him, until his attitude spoiled the day. Think a little about this : How many championships would Senna, Mansell, Piquet, Prost would have won if they didn\'t have to compete with their teammates in equal cars. Get it
Date: March 27, 2003 05:55AM
Posted by: Ellis
download a new set of tyres and it should fix it, my tyres did this once too

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 27, 2003 10:13AM
Posted by: senninho
yup, it seems that leaving the computer overnight fixes it. Strange i know, but it's happened a few times more since my first post and on each occasion it seems to fix it. maybe it's a problem with some of the files in the GP3 directory being updated. Still, it's reassuring to know i'm not alone in this problem. Hopefully someone will be able to give us a definate answer!

Date: March 28, 2003 01:52AM
Posted by: TheSmokingPen
I have experienced this problem with my GP3-2000 sets when putting them together. It's something to do with the system not finding the tyre bitmaps it's expecting in the software jams folders. I'd suggest reinstalling your gp3jam and gp3jamh directories from the GP3 CD, to reset the system to how it should be, to see if that cures the problem.

Date: March 28, 2003 05:09AM
Posted by: JPMontoya
I had this problem also, but I loaded the bridgestone tyres from the old carset (when you buy this game) and putted all the teams on bridgestones. Then I loaded the new carshapes without tyres. Than you have all normal tyres and no ugly Yellow Goodyear.
Date: April 14, 2003 08:13AM
Posted by: MarkWS
Next time you patch gp3.exe with gp3 edit deselect the h/w for both types of tyres. This cures it. If you want new tyres then patch gp3.exe then re patch but with the h/w deslected again. This seems to work fine for me. If not try rebooting.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy