Thinking to change to windows 7 finally... what

Posted by aedewey 
Thinking to change to windows 7 finally... what
Date: September 15, 2013 04:53AM
Posted by: aedewey
As windows xp will not have more suport from microsoft since april 2014 I am finally thinking to change windows xp to windows 7. I don´t play to much games this days but still play gp3 and i am worry for the change.

I have 2 gb ram
Intel Core 2 duo e4500
Geforce 8600GT
Gp3 ir running superb now

I am thinking in swap to windows 7 ultimate 32 bits version, what problems and what solutions (i hope there are more than 1) will i expect to have whit gp32000?
Any tips in advance are welcome
Re: Thinking to change to windows 7 finally... what
Date: September 15, 2013 06:48AM
Posted by: mortal
GP3 can run on W7. The only change you should make is to set the compatibility of the exe to XP SP2 or 3. You may encounter problems trying to run some of the editors, however others more knowledgeable than I on that subject may have some advice for you. Backup your entire GP3 directory and copy it over once you have done the installation of the OS.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 16, 2013 12:12AM
Posted by: aedewey
Ok thanks for the advice! :-)
Date: September 16, 2013 12:39AM
Posted by: mortal
An alternative is to install XP on a partition once you have Win 7 up and running. Use a boot manager to boot into the desired OS. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy