Gp3 Race Manager 7.1 available (attempting knockout qualifying)

Posted by R_Scandura 
i uploaded an update for the program adding stuff and fixing some bugs hoping for more stability and clearness.

For the fun I attempted to implement the knock out qualifying to spice up the races as i'm going to play some modern seasons with 11 teams. in gp3 is not possible as far as i know to have it but i used a look-alike method to simulate it. It consists of making 3 qualifying sessions. For each one the program will generate a performance file with different values each time (according to the entry list). Everytime, importing the result of the session, the program will calculate the knocked out drivers and at the end will fix automatically the starting grid for the race. At this point it's possible to start a quickrace from the position gained and race as usual.

to make it work it's necessary to extend the qualifying time to 127 minutes because the 1998 format doesn't match the actual long run. in this way each driver will have the time to complete his schedule.
The program will automatically set the number of drivers and the number of laps each session:
Q1: 14 drivers on track and 15 laps (5 flying laps)
Q2: 6 drivers on track and 9 laps (3 flying laps)
Q3: 3 drivers on track and 6 laps (2 flying laps)

Unfortunately all the cars must go on track by gp3 default even if theorically knocked out, but these numbers should simulate some balanced random traffic each session. the session length then helps to have all making their own schedule. The program will anyway count only the laptimes for the drivers still running excluding the already knocked out ones.

i made a quick video to explain the process in case you find the stuff helpful. :)

-------------------------------

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2013 12:13AM by R_Scandura.
Never mind. Fixed it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2013 10:53PM by Ajayrious.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy