Extended qualify length (beta tool)

Posted by R_Scandura 
Extended qualify length (beta tool)
Date: April 30, 2013 01:49AM
Posted by: R_Scandura
don't know if anybody already did it, anyway as i needed it i've put together a small tool to quickly extend and checksum in one click the duration of the qualifying session without the use of an hex editor.
so far it seems to work, let me know if it works for you too so i'll put it properly on site. It's available HERE

Put all the files into the gp3 folder (where is the .exe). Choose your game version. Check the session you need. Tweak its time (max 127 minutes). Patch it.

-------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2013 12:54PM by R_Scandura.
Re: Extended qualify length (beta tool)
Date: April 30, 2013 07:23AM
Posted by: meanmc
Interesting Stuff! Thanks alot, Rob!
Date: April 30, 2013 11:21AM
Posted by: shlund
(Y)(Y)

Thank you :)
Date: May 01, 2013 09:50PM
Posted by: quickslick
hi Rob, first of all thank you for the nice tool :). It's really easy to use and it seemes to work aswell, but there's a small problem for the laps. I've set the warm up time to 30 minutes, but now i have 120 laps during the 30 minutes warm up and this isn't correct
Date: May 01, 2013 10:28PM
quickslick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hi Rob, first of all thank you for the nice tool
> :). It's really easy to use and it seemes to work
> aswell, but there's a small problem for the laps.
> I've set the warm up time to 30 minutes, but now i
> have 120 laps during the 30 minutes warm up and
> this isn't correct

weird thing. what means you have 120 laps in the 30 minutes? did it increased the race distance over the 100%
i tested in both gp3 and and gp3 2000 and it touched only the session length. does it happens also with free practises and qualifying? which game did you tried?

Date: May 01, 2013 11:12PM
yes, it means that i have 120 laps in the 30 minutes and that's a huge change, the race distance is always 100%. In qualifying there's all fine and in saturday practise i have 23 laps for 90 minutes. I only tested the tool in gp3 2000
Date: May 02, 2013 12:29AM
sorry but i still don't understand. in friday and saturday practises, qualifying and warmup the number of laps should be entered by the GpXSet.
in example for my knockout i've set a qualifying of 127 minutes and set 6 laps each driver wich means 2 only attempts.

when you can, can you post a screenshot so i see where it changed? tnx for the patience

Date: May 02, 2013 12:40AM
ok, i'll post a screen tomorrow :)
Date: May 02, 2013 05:41PM
here are some screens of the session settings and of the laps for quali and for warm up Roberto

Date: May 02, 2013 07:47PM
ooh, i've seen it now, i had to activate the panel in the gpxinfo.
it's very strange. the session length seems edited correclty. Though, it shows 1/23 laps for both free practises and 1/120 for warmup but the qualifying seems fine. it ignores all the others sessions but reads correctly the qualify laps from the gpxset.

even more strange is that i installed a backup of gp3.exe which was dated 2012 and cleaned the f1gstate so to create all brand new and still says the same number of laps with game defaults, without even patching the times. the patch works only on f1gstate.sav where are stored the times. i'm confused...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2013 07:59PM by R_Scandura.
Date: May 02, 2013 08:03PM
i'm confused, too and what can we do now:)?
Date: May 02, 2013 08:37PM
lol, i dont think the patch was able to screw the entire game.
i made a test and the game recognizes correctly the drivers on track and the fuel lap in each session. i guess the laps for the other sessions are fixed by the game because in the gpxset there is no entry for how many laps are allowed other than in qualifying.
i never used the panel of the laps so i cant tell is that 120 is a reasonable amount or not :s

Date: May 02, 2013 08:38PM
ah ok :) i'm using this panel for gp3 and gp4 aswell and there are the correct warm up laps displayed, but without using your new tool .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2013 08:43PM by quickslick.
You can't change the number of Warm Up with GPxSet, only the fuel laps loaded in the car. So I suppose 120 is the default number for this. At least, it's what I get with an unchanged GP3 with unchanged f1stage.sav.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy