For those who own Windows 7 but still want to play Grand Prix 3

Posted by abdelkader 
Hey guys.
Maybe lots of you know it already but I just decided to share with you this link
[www.howtogeek.com]

It shows how to make a virtual Windows XP installation on your Windows 7.
Just follow the steps from the link and then install GP3 on your virtual Windows XP, then do the same with all the tools which you need to customize your Grand Prix 3 - just as if you installed the game from the scratch.
Once you are done you should run your GP3 from Windows XP panel...and it will run perfectly (in my case at least, it did)
The game will run in window mode but it's a minor price to pay in comparison to the fact that you can play beloved GP3 again.
I run it in SW mode and Windows 7 made it totally unable for me to play the game but now the SW mode works again.

Sorry if I posted something which everybody already knows, but I'm just excited that I managed to work it out afer such a long time and I'm just glad to share it with other members of our Community.

Yes. VMWare, VirtualBox or VirtualPC can make it. But be aware that the graphic card is emulated as well so you can't run on Hardware Mode. Still, a good way to play GP3 into Seven.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy