tracks2013

Posted by holemad 
Re: tracks2013
Date: April 27, 2013 03:45PM
Posted by: holemad
i always ran it with gpxpatch 3.93 without any problems.
is it also happening with onboard camera? it might be a corrupt car livery.
Date: April 28, 2013 07:00AM
Posted by: ooleeeo
no,only from trackside cameras.
but how do i know that a car livery is corrupt?

the assert says this:

0x00475455 -> Related to internal objects or cameras.

Kimi forever!
Date: April 28, 2013 08:12AM
yes thats what i get too, and thats what the belini shanghai tracks should say because its based upon 2007 and nothing has changed in this matter.
But this wont make the track crash since you' re in debug mode and low verbosity. right?

Have you ever driven another shanghai track by belini ? and did this one worked? looked also at the assert?

About the livery : at season start i inserted the cars that were on this site and at random times, the game crashed.
I got back to the original cars (in my case 2011) and no more ctd.
I dont know why, but that's what happened.

A question to other drivers : did you ever had a ctd (crash to desktop) when driving shanghai 2013?

thanks
Date: April 28, 2013 12:46PM
I've let it do a long run and had the ctd too.
Already removed all objects, all cameras but problem seems to move within the track.
Also ran it without the jams, but same result.

No solution yet.:(
Date: April 28, 2013 05:41PM
I may have found the reason for ctd shanghai.
When driving alone on track, with external (or onboard) cameras, you can drive as long as there's fuel.
With all the cars on track and showing a lot of them in one camera shot, the game crashes.

Is there some kind of max size for loaded jams in a track?
Date: April 29, 2013 01:17AM
Posted by: R_Scandura
a problem with external camera could be the depth of the visual. the farer you see the more the game engine has to elaborate data. is there a specific place in the track where it happens? a specific moment or is all pure random?

-------------------------------
Date: April 29, 2013 06:06AM
hi rob, the problem at first occurs at the long straight.
I removed camera 12 and 13; now its showing the straight in one long shot without any problems but now it has shifted to what looks to be camera 2.
I changed some values to move the camera position but so far no solution.
Date: April 29, 2013 09:30AM
Posted by: meanmc
holemad schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I may have found the reason for ctd shanghai.
> When driving alone on track, with external (or
> onboard) cameras, you can drive as long as there's
> fuel.
> With all the cars on track and showing a lot of
> them in one camera shot, the game crashes.
>
> Is there some kind of max size for loaded jams in
> a track?

Hi...

Had the problem too, with the 2007 Shanghai track from Belini! If i drive alone, there is no problem. If there are cars around, it crashes after 1,5 laps... Zieli said, i should try a lower screen resolution?! I did not try it till now...

What is "verbosity"?
Date: April 29, 2013 11:57AM
if the problem is really the camera you can try to work with some of the arguments and see if they really do something. i guess their combination does lens effect like wide angle etc. i never knew what most of those values really do so i kept universlly the same values in all my tracks supposing they do something by themselves. can't exclude the high details of the track overloads the game engine.

First of all i suggest you don't remove anything. keep your testing version the same as the one publically shared so feedback and tests match both ways.

try this experiment. open one by one all the cameras and reduce the amount of Zoom In/Out on the leftside column. set them no higher than 3000/4000 if you find any big value. Save and do your testings.
Eventually, on a second run, for each camera change the arguments on the rightside column like these and see if anything changes with CTD:
unknown 1: 1024
unknown 2: 128
unknown 3: 1
unknown 4: 0
unknown 5: 0
unknown 6: 1
unknown 7: 0
Gp3 ? 1: -1 (*)
Gp3 ? 2: -1 (*)
Gp3 ? 3: -1 (*)

(*)= the editor will transform them into 65535 on reload. that's fine.

by the way, is the gp3 2k version giving the same issues? Belini always said his tracks are done for gp3 2k, and i found it has some little diversity than gp3 1.13. even with jam id

Date: April 29, 2013 12:27PM
R_Scandura schrieb:

> by the way, is the gp3 2k version giving the same
> issues? Belini always said his tracks are done for
> gp3 2k, and i found it has some little diversity
> than gp3 1.13. even with jam id

I drive the GP3 2k version and it crashes also (every 1,5 laps, if some other cars are around)
Date: April 29, 2013 12:52PM
in gp3 2k i guess you drive the full version? does it crashes from the cockpit view while racing? or at the start of the race? that could still be the Far Sight curse

Date: April 29, 2013 07:00PM
Thanks for the tips, rob. These unknown values for camera arguments say nothing to me as well, but i gonna give it a go.
Until now i only changed the left values like position and height and i deleted 2 cameras on the long straight with no result so far.
Maybe it has something to do with the far sight commands...i will check that also.
@meanmc : are you driving the 2K version of shanghai 2007 because that was my base track. would you mind doing the same tests for 2006 please?

verbosity is a setting in gpxpatch. what it does exactly might be in the help function but has something to do with debugmode and logfiles.

thank you guys for the feedback.
Date: April 29, 2013 07:28PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Verbosity means that in debug mode GpxPatch "talks" to you : it says what it is doing, and so, what makes the game crash.
The higher the verbosity is set, the more info you get on the reason of the crash.

Date: April 29, 2013 07:34PM
@ R_Scandura
Yes, i drive the full version, and do not have any problems with any track from Belini, except Shanghai! And yes, it crashes from the cockpit view! But only, if there are one or more other drivers arround! But i do not think, that it is a camera view problem... because it happens regularly on 2 places - one is at the end of the long straight, one is between curve 2 and 3! Every 1,5 lap! After a while the problem was gone and some grafic problems "with strange lines in the background etc." appearing...
I did a break in the middle of the race, thereafter the ctd happened again on some other places... for example at curve 12! Again, after a while the ctd problem was gone and the grafic problems came back!
But i drove the whole race, had to save every 1,5 lap.. smile... just to see what will happen during the whole race... it was the same kind of problem during booth parts... first ctd (only with cars arround and in cockpit), after a while some grafic issues and the ctd problem gone!

@ holemad
Okay, i will do the test later... like to have a Belini Shaghai track without a problem! Smile... And no, i just took one - and it was Shanghai 2007! No special reason! Will write feedback, as soon as i can...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2013 07:38PM by meanmc.
Date: April 29, 2013 08:45PM
I changed the left values all under 3000 : ctd after 1 lap and 2 corners
changed the right values in what rob suggested : same result but 1 lap later:-(

no more testing for me today
Date: April 29, 2013 09:34PM
i'm sorry Dirk, I've put just a couple of ideas, i seem to have read it happened watching the race from the external camera but seems to be happening from cockpit, so the external camera has nothing to do with it.
you and meanmc say it happens always at the same place. do you confirm it happens only in race and not in practice/qualy? i opened the 2013 version and found turn 2 and the long straight til the hairpin full of Far Sight commands, maybe would try removing them. From menu TRACK-> Remove all OXxx Commands. Select first 0Xc5. then repeat and select 0Xc6

other than this i can suggest to call the author and ask for hints. :(

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2013 09:37PM by R_Scandura.
Date: April 30, 2013 01:51AM
R_Scandura schrieb:
>
> you and meanmc say it happens always at the same
> place. do you confirm it happens only in race and
> not in practice/qualy?

I just drove once on this track, and there was only a problem in the race and only, if CC cars are arround - no problem at all in practice or qualy! After a long long practice session and after i watched some laps just with CC cars, i was completely shooked after the game ctd!

And i only confirm, that, if you start the race, there are ONLY 2 points per lap, where the game ctd! (end of the straight and between curve 2 and 3 - but only, if some other cars are arround)! And i can drive 1,5 laps without ctd! But thereafter the game ctd either at the end of the straight or between curve 2 and 3!

But, after i did a break, there was also a ctd at curve 12 - so i do not think, that "it is only a problem at the straight"...

And thank you Rob for trying to help...
Date: April 30, 2013 02:06AM
this seems to confirm my theory that it could be a far sight problem. both in turn 2 and the long straight next to the hairpin.
these commands force to show parts of the track additional to the area already computed. so when you cross these commands you trigger the extra sections. the game has to elaborate them and if those areas are heavy detailed or crowded it's like putting a foot on a buried mine. that's why you can't pass those turns. because commands lay there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2013 02:09AM by R_Scandura.
Date: April 30, 2013 03:19AM
@ R_Scandura
@ holemad

As it seems, we (holemad) have the same problem... And as it seems, i fixed the problem - if not, then it seems i fixed at least my problem!

I did a one hour test with the tracks Shanghai 2006/2008 from Belini!

First i started with the 2008, and it ctd just after 500m right at the start of the race! I do have some various car liveries (maybe that is also important), but all are working fine with every other track!

Then i wanted to have a try with the 2006 track - i had to search it in my archiv and found also this data: "belini_shanghai_v9" ...

I copied all files to the Gp3jamsh/Belini/tracks/Shanghai folder ...

Then i drove around 15 laps at the 2006 track - no ctd!

Then i drove around 15 laps at the 2008 track again - also no ctd!

As the ctd at the 2008 track happened before for sure - i started again, and again... no ctd anymore!

I always tried to have some cars in my back or close in front - because only then there were ctd! But it was all fine - with all car liveries! (i think i got them all for at least 3-4 laps arround me) ...

As there was some ctd and after i copied all files to the Belini folder, i have no ctd`s anymore - the problem could be solved! But - it looks to easy... smile...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2013 06:53AM by meanmc.
Date: April 30, 2013 01:02PM
sounds good! experimenting has payed (Y)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy