Car Setup Guide?

Posted by Mullet345 
Car Setup Guide?
Date: March 17, 2013 10:51AM
Posted by: Mullet345
Is there a guide on car setup anywhere for download? I need help with setting up a car, but don't know the best way to go about it. I'm looking at a setup for Monza 2012, but would like to know more about setup for other tracks. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

Re: Car Setup Guide?
Date: March 20, 2013 01:13AM
Anyone able to help out?

Date: March 20, 2013 10:28AM
Posted by: pirx
I own the GP3 manual, which has a very good setupguide included, BUT it´s in german language..

"Oiııo.
........................................................................................................
Pilot Pirx
........................................................................................................
Date: March 20, 2013 06:15PM
Posted by: onkelede
Hey Pirx

I´m interested four your guide ;)

When i was playing gp1 and gp2 i already made my setups alone, but now i think, i´m too old for that... Only @Monza and Monaco I´ll find a good setup... But thats easy, thats are the easiest tracks ;)

And your guide in german is very, very interesting for me, because you see, my english is very bad. It´s more than 10 years ago, i had some lessons @ school ;);)

Thank you
Date: March 20, 2013 06:35PM
Posted by: pirx
check your PMs! (personal messages)

"Oiııo.
Pilot Pirx
Date: April 02, 2013 02:58PM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
For what i know, we don't have a setup-guide.
How to set-up a F1 car seems to be a sort of secret, nobody talks about it with pleasure.
I learnt something only by personal experience in many years playing Gp3, and reading some books (a Mansell's biography, a Zanardi's one, Lauda's book), but never found full explanation.
And, belive me, to set-up a F1 car, even in a game as Gp3, is very very difficoult, and always, and this is sure, a matter of compromise between speed and grip.
Bye
Date: April 03, 2013 02:59AM
What about help on setting up the gears?

Date: April 03, 2013 11:10AM
Posted by: phatdaddy
Here is what I do. I went to the GP3 download area and found setups for each track that GP3 has. (there should be one download) In the raceI load that setup during practice and run a few laps. I then fine tune the original setup based on my speed and driving style.

Date: April 04, 2013 11:37AM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
One easy (maybe too easy...) way:
set first gear and set the Others with a range of 6
for example: 25/31/37/43/49/55
For low speed tracks (as city tracks) the first can be set to 24 (so: 24/30/36/42/48/54)
For high speed tracks you can start from 26 or 27, and increase eahc gear of 7 instead 6: 25/32/39/46/53/60
But then you have to fine tune it, according to your driving style and the top speed of the circuit, so you could need very close 1st 2nd... and maybe longer 5th and 6th.
Bye
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy