Re: Eric Moinet's release thread [WIP]
Date: January 02, 2013 11:56PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
A little gift for shlund (and some other guys too) :

Happy new year to all of you :-)

Date: January 03, 2013 11:12AM
Posted by: shlund
Thank you very much for thinking of me :) Hope you will make a fine old Le Mans circuit for GP3... (You did notice that I made a little update in download section of the first beta circuit..?)
Date: January 03, 2013 11:51PM
:-)

I will have a look at your update. But as you may have noticed, we are in a really, really early stage at the moment, lot of things to do before completion. :-)

Date: February 18, 2013 08:58PM
Bad news.
I'm the last victim of the infamous Bug Of The Trackmaker : my hard drive had just crashed last week and I've lost anything on it. :(

I will try to recover data in the next days, and hopefully will succeed, but then I will have to rebuild a system to avoid having that kind of issue once again.

Luckily I did a backup some times ago, but I've lost at least 2 or 3 weeks of work, not mentioning all other things I had on it... if I did that backup on an external drive and not on my main drive as I usually do (N) (and I'm not really sure on where I actually put it :( )

I'll give you some news in the next days/weeks (months ? years ?...) when I will be able to run again my computer safely.

Date: February 19, 2013 01:56PM
Posted by: pirx
hmmm.....sounds strange here too!

I, as an apple bobo since a few years, do my gp3-work on "parallels" (a progi to emulate windows) and I resently had a similar issue: suddenly many installed gp3 utilities (editors, trackmaker,etc. plus other datas) were just gone. It seemed as they never were there, but winXP still starts, just "cleaned" of files. I never was online...and antivir was calm -strange, strange...

8(

Hope you donĀ“t give up, Eric!
Date: February 19, 2013 02:21PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
if you imagine how is the loss of 10GB+ of created gp3 stuff, welcome to my world Eric. Don't worry, you'll rebuild your archive again with new material :)

-------------------------------
Date: February 19, 2013 03:02PM
Posted by: pirx
10GB+ thats hardcore!
Date: February 19, 2013 04:48PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
yup, been a long time around here. ;) over the years i got several hardware and software crashes. excluding the downloaded material which was replaceable i lost (forever) many stuff from simple wips to 99% done tracks

-------------------------------
Date: February 20, 2013 06:51PM
Thanks guys for your kind words. (Y)
Roberto, I know what you mean. I've lost myself all of my work "in an other life", two or three times. One of them my computer was stolen and obviously no safe copy at all. :-[
I remember we had a talk in an other thread about making safe copy and how to do that, and obviously (once again) I never really did it for my own work the way I told you to do it. (N)

Well, btw...

Good news :
After two hard days of work I've recovered all of my data (Knoppix was my friend) and I've repaired my hard drive (Seatools is another friend of mine). :-)
Now I have to rebuild my computer. My first thought was to implement a RAID system but my comp is too old and it doesn't worth to change it's mobo just for that. So I'll have to find a way to make frequent backups with that comp that isn't on a network. But first, I will make a f:-(ck[@g safe copy of my two drives on my NAS as I would have done since a such long time.

News soon... ;-)

Date: February 22, 2013 08:44PM
Good news (bis) :
Finally, after a deeper investigation, my mobo is RAID compliant, so I will build a RAID system. I got 2 SATA hard drives and the needed mobo drivers, I just need to find 2 SATA cables and install everything.
I think this will be a very, very long week-end... ;-(

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy