Eric Moinet's release thread [WIP]

Posted by EricMoinet 
Eric Moinet's release thread [WIP]
Date: November 22, 2012 09:27PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
So it seems to be the day people launch their release thread. ;-)
I'm currently working on some new tracks and trying to update some other ones. Nothing yet released, all is still work in process but I think it's time to talk to you about that, at least to give me the strength to finish my work :-)

So, at start, this is the list of my working process. I will update it from time to time to make you follow my progress in it :

Real tracks :

Nogaro - 2000 layout
Nogaro is a track in the south-west of France used for national races and international races as F3000 or GT championships. F1 test days took place on it too. This is the 2000 layout, so with the old pit lane. I don't plan to make the new layout with the new pit lane, but if someone wants to do it, just feel free to do so.

Base : from scratch. Track base : fict09.dat (Magny-Cours 2000)
Track lane and track heights : done
Pit lane : need some fixing, especially at the entry
To be done : scenery, 2d and 3d objects, jams, camera positions, cc-line and magic data.

Updated - Laguna Seca - 1996 layout
Too many people worked on that track :-) I think it's a GP2 conversion but I'm not so sure. This layout is based on the last update by savinaclaudio (v 3.0), so I surely need his kind permission first before release my update (permission accorded, thank you). I manage to improve that release with the help of Google Map's view to have the more accurate track lane that could be possible.

Base : Laguna Seca 3.0.dat by savinaclaudio. Track base : GP2 conversion ?
Track lane and track heights : DONE !
Pit lane : need some fixing.
Scenery : need some fixing due to track lane and track heights changes.
2d and 3d objects : Moved bridges to their proper place according to Google Map's view. Moved grandstands at the S/F line to fix some overlapping objects issues.
To be done : camera positions, cc-line and magic data.

Video updated :

Le Mans Oldies - 1956-1967 and 1968-1970 layouts
This is a track initiated by shlund. I managed to improve it thanks to Google Map's view to have a more accurate track lane. I also took the liberty to insert works from Marino Cervini's Le Mans 2003 (most of the track's heights) and Slygue's Bugatti (Dunlop downhill) so I will need the kind permission of both of these three great guys to release it I think. :-)
Most of my work on the track lane consist of Dunlop, Tertre Rouge and Mulsanne's original curves and the part from (not yet) Porsche curve to Ford chicanes via Maison Blanche.

Fictional tracks :

Updated - La Rochelle Street circuit
La Rochelle is a nice city in the west of France alongside the ocean where I grew up a long (long) time ago. :-)
I drew the track lane following my bus line route so we could maybe say it's a semi fictional track. ;)
Btw, it was a pleasure to race on it at that time with my bicycle, but I'm not sure it will fit for a F1 race. :-)

Base : from scratch. Track base : fict09.dat (Magny-Cours 2000)
Track lane and track heights : done
Pit lane : Original Magny-Cours at the moment. Need some fixing, especially at the entry
To be done : scenery, 2d and 3d objects, jams, camera positions, cc-line and magic data.

Better video resolution :

Track Bedroom - Flat and (maybe) not flat layout(s)
Still in La Rochelle this is the track I drew in my bedroom at that time (stop laughing ! I believe you did the same !).
That's actually my testing track for track making, learning new tips on it first before implement them into other tracks.
It's a very flat track because my bedroom wasn't up and down like yours could be ;) but I will try to make a second layout with some heights to have a more interesting line.

Base : from scratch. Track base : fict03.dat (Imola 2000)
Track lane : 100 % done. Added some track bankings to have more realism in the curves. Added a short run-off area after the hairpin between tracklane and pit wall. Added advert jams on pit will.
Pit lane : need some fixing, especially at the entry

Video updated :

Yet planned but not yet started :

Lédenon
Another French track in the south of France, very up and down and anti-clockwise. Something between Dijon-Prenois and Laguna Seca :-o

Monthléry update
That's a track made by Dieter C. Serowy and updated by Ziely. I would like to add the three chicanes that are missing at the start, middle and end of the banking but not sure how to do it. Let's see.

Circuit de la colline Puget, Marseille (fictional)
Another place where I grown up. Le Parc de la colline Puget is a pedestrian park in Marseille (south of France) for promenade and with kids areas. No cars allowed, and even no bicycles. However, the site shows good height changes and I always thought that it could have been a good track if it was far taller. So this will be a re-scaled view of the area to fit Formula 1 exigence. :-)

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2012 07:26PM by EricMoinet.
Re: Eric Moinet's release thread [WIP]
Date: November 23, 2012 10:57AM
Posted by: shlund
EricMoinet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So it seems to be the day people launch their
> release thread. ;-)
> I'm currently working on some new tracks and
> trying to update some other ones. Nothing yet
> released, all is still work in process but I
> think it's time to talk to you about that, at
> least to give me the strength to finish my work
> :-)
>
> So, at start, this is the list of my working
> process. I will update it from time to time to
> make you follow my progress in it :
>
> Real tracks :
>
> Le Mans Oldies - 1956-1967 and 1968-1970 layouts
> This is a track initiated by shlund. I manage to
> improve it thanks to Google Map's view to have a
> more accurate track lane. I also took the liberty
> to insert works from Marino Cervini's Le Mans 2003
> (most of the track's heights) and Slygue's Bugatti
> (Dunlop downhill) so I will need the kind
> permission of both of these three great guys to
> release it I think. :-)
> Most of my work on the track lane consist of
> Dunlop, Tertre Rouge and Mulsanne's original
> curves and the part from (not yet) Porsche curve
> to Ford chicanes via Maison Blanche.
>

Great news indeed :)

The old Le Mans circuit is just a GP2 conversion (made by Drafi I think) and added some simple objects. Would be very fine to have a desent update of the track...

All permission for updating/improving all my GP2 conversions are hereby given in advance, I need no credit or similar :> only glad to see our tracks being updated and improved.

Please keep up the good work everyone :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2012 10:58AM by shlund.
Date: November 23, 2012 11:59AM
Posted by: X_Acto
Great news!

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: November 23, 2012 10:46PM
Thanks guys :)
Shlund, thank you for your permission. I will need also to have permission from Marino Cervini and Slygue before I can show anything here (and so maybe from Drafi too if he made the first attempt of that track)

I try to make a video of each track but for the moment I have a really crappy sound when recording, so I have to fix that first.

Date: November 25, 2012 02:12PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
great! authors are back it seems. looking forward for your releases,
and ledenon, i like it! seen the videos on a gt car on YT. waiting for it!

-------------------------------
Date: November 25, 2012 07:47PM
Thanks Roberto for your feedback.
Lédenon is a challenge, for track-making as for driving because of its climbings and downhill. Very fun.

And I would like to thank you also for the great tutorial you made that allowed me to work on all that tracks.

Date: November 28, 2012 10:21AM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
Hi.
About "my" Laguna Seca, well first it is not mine, i've just uploaded the original track, and second, yes of course! update it, improve it and upload it!
And, anyway, i think the more tracks the more fun!
So, everyone can feel free to use any of my works, and even better, to improve them.
I enjoyed very much other's guys jobs, and i'll be happy if other guys enjoy mine.
Bye.
Claudio
Date: November 28, 2012 11:45PM
Thank you savinaclaudio, that's very kind. :-)

I will update this week-end with some videos and the progress of the work in process of the tracks. Be aware that all will be very poor at the start, no sceneries, no 3d objects for most of the tracks. But we are at the beginning for the moment, the journey will be long but pleasant I hope.

Date: December 02, 2012 12:37PM
First post updated with a video link for Nogaro,Laguna Seca and TrackBedroom. It is my very first video made and released, so please, be kind with me. :-) At least you can have an idea of how the tracks look like, and how a crap driver I am...

I've also added a new track on my todo list at the bottom of the list.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2012 05:29PM by EricMoinet.
Date: December 02, 2012 05:17PM
Posted by: andrzej pilaszkiewicz
Eric, that looks wonderful, really ! Cc-line seems to be very smooth indeed. Keep up !
Date: December 02, 2012 05:37PM
Dzienkuje Andrzej ;-)
But there's not yet any cc-line : I'm at the wheel (and don't feel that's so smooth ;) ) But thanks for your kind appreciation.

BTW, can someone explain me how I can embed videos in a post instead of put a link to the page ? I'm stuck with it 'til yesterday and don't have a clue on how to resolve it. Thanks in advance.

Date: December 02, 2012 06:31PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
good video, promising start for the track. (Y)

to put the video here you need to paste the link of the video without any tag. if it doesnt work try to get the youtu.be version of the link from the share section below the video

&feature=plcp

-------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2012 06:33PM by R_Scandura.
Date: December 02, 2012 06:59PM
Posted by: ArniV8
Nogaro.........a dream come true (B)(B)(B)
Date: December 03, 2012 01:30AM
Many many thanks Roberto, that's working now (Y)
And thanks for your kind comment :-) I really appreciate, especially form a master like you (D)

ArniV8
Nogaro.........a dream come true (B)(B)(B)

Not yet, not yet ! :-) Still a lot of work before the release :-)

Date: December 03, 2012 11:27PM
Great news : I got the permission of Marino Cervini to use his work for Le Mans. :-)

But I can't contact Slygue because his email address in the Bugatti gp3form isn't available any more. Do someone know how I could get in touch with him ?

Date: December 04, 2012 12:42AM
Posted by: ArniV8
Yes I know, EricMoinet!
Don´t stress!
Nogaro come on my christmas-wishlist for the next year ;-)
Date: December 04, 2012 08:42PM
You're very kind to give me an extra year for finishing it ;-)

Date: December 15, 2012 05:23PM
Some updates and news. I've been working a little bit on my fictional tracks this weeks and most of last week on learning video editing :-)

La Rochelle Street Circuit
I've released a two laps video of the track, first lap in cockpit view, the other one in external view. The cameras are the originals of Magny-Cours 2001 so most of them are misplaced and will be moved later. As it is in a very earlier WIP stage, there isn't any sceneries and you'll have to imagine that the streets look like more like this :

Rather than like that :

(that's pretty much countryside than city looking at the moment) :-)

Video added to first post. I apologize for the poor quality of the video render. That was my first try with kdenlive and I think that I need some different codecs

TrackBedroom
A little update of the track. I've added some bankings to the curves. That make the track more realistic and easier to drive. I have also moved the pit wall for having a little run-off area between the track and the wall. I didn't notice it was so close (and ugly) before I released the video. I've added too adverts to the pit wall to make it more unjoyable and less ugly as well :-)

Video updated in first post

Monthléry and Le Mans Oldies
Great news : Dieter Serowy gave me permission to use his work for these two tracks. Many thanks to him.
I'm still in need of a valid contact of Slygue who made Bugatti. Sounds funny, we're both french and he is the only one that I can't contact for permissions. :-o
So if someone knows where I can find him, that would be much appreciated.

So for the moment and to respect the "Permission Policy Rule" I won't release any video of Le Mans since the end of the 30 days waiting period begining with the day of my first announcement. That means that a video won't be posted before the end of the year (and probably even if I can contact him, due to Christmas holidays).

Next week I will work on Nogaro (pit entry) and Laguna Seca (Corckscrew and following parts of the track 'til S/F line). Maybe a video later.

Hi all !

Two little updates of my work for this week :

Laguna Seca
With a track like this one I think it's never really completely accurate, but I can say that track heights are now OK. Video updated on first post. Feel free to spot any mistake you notice.
(Well, that's not a very good lap I've done but at the moment, due to a cold, my nose is exploding, I got two Frankeinstein's screws pressing each sides of my head and my eyes are twice wider... and red. So, it's not such a bad lap. ;) )

La Rochelle
I've just uploaded the video. Nothing new, just the exact same video but with a better resolution. I think the track worth it. :-)

Next step : Xmas holidays :-) Then, I will be working like a dog all of January in real life, so nothing new before February I'm afraid.

Merry Christmas and happy new year to all of you.

Date: December 22, 2012 08:17PM
Posted by: holemad
nice work in progress,Eric, it seems to become a fluent track.
Happy holidays !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy