Very peculiar

Posted by ipswich2007 
Re: Very peculiar
Date: November 23, 2012 12:36PM
Posted by: ipswich2007
@pirx, so this wouldn't be causing my GP3 (AI cars) gfx slowdown?

@Eric, would fixing this help?

Date: November 23, 2012 05:09PM
Posted by: pirx
..no. Your last post just sounded like a monitor has probs with it´s panel (if he goes on/off) -of course this has nothing to do with ingame-performance.

"Oiııo.
........................................................................................................
Pilot Pirx
........................................................................................................
Date: November 23, 2012 07:45PM
this is what i'm saying pirx, i changed and tried OTHER monitors TOO

Date: November 23, 2012 10:36PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Yes you got something wrong with your Graphic card as said before. What I was saying is that your GC had a fan on it which have to be connected to the main board. Depending on the type of GC you have, it is automatically connected when plugging it in your mobo (by the PCI slot) or you have an external electric wire fixed on your GC that you must plug somewhere on your mobo. Take a look at your GC manual to know what to do exactly.

If all seems to be ok that way you should test an other graphic card to know if the issue happens in the same way or not with that other one.

Date: November 24, 2012 11:42PM
..ok, now I got it
+
Eric is right!

I have a second card that I don´t need any longer. If its not too expensive I could send it to you for free. It always did a good job here for GP3 but is not very modern. If I remember correctly its a Radeon7600family.. will check more if you´re interested!

cheers!

"Oiııo.
Pilot Pirx
Date: November 25, 2012 12:24AM
Eric - I'll try if I can get one.

Pirx - thanks dude, 7600 is fine, more than enough for gp3. Cheers for the offer :D lemme know if its possible.

Cheers to you 2 especially, youve both been very helpful and patient.

Date: January 17, 2013 03:42PM
Okay so, after a while I've just gone for the plunge of a whole new system - specs here:

[www.ebuyer.com]

2 questions 1,

what you guys think in general, for the price was good.

will it run Gp3 properly, it's new enough that performance won't be a problem but will it actually run is what i'm asking

get back to me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2013 04:03PM by ipswich2007.
Date: January 17, 2013 06:15PM
sorry, can´t say anything about "new stuff". But as you said, performance specs should be ok..
Only one thing I would crosscheck with other up to date systems: the Cache-4MB
My Notebook here is from late2008 when 4MB were standard (in mine are even 6). As this is quite a central behavior for CPU-data-in/out check it!

"Oiııo.
Pilot Pirx
Date: January 17, 2013 07:17PM
There is a machine with an Intel i3, that only has 3mb. and it's 100£ more expensive than mine.

doesn't seem that 4mb is bad.

cheers for replying tho pirx mate, anyone who can give me an answer about gp3 running?

Date: January 17, 2013 08:03PM
I don't know about the price (£ vs €) but technical specs are suffisent far enough :)
AMD is a good choice, that's what I have.

Be aware of this :
- don't use w7 or w8, use preferably XP (make a second partition for XP and an other one for whateveryouwant64 to take advantage of the 64 bits technology of you CPU if you want)
- take care of your screen resolution : use a 4/3 res compatible with GP3. I highly suspect my new 23" screen to be responsible of the issue I had last year. Currently I use a 17" screen for playing with GP3 without any kind of problem.

Keep in touch friend

Date: January 17, 2013 08:07PM
I know about 7 etc, youll know from the previous posts here i use XP for GP3.

screen ratio wouldnt have caused my (extreme) po issues though would they?

i ran gp3 once on a 40" tv and it worked & looked brilliant.

cheers for replying though eric :) both of you it's appreciated.

it should arrive tomorrow and after setting up etc, i'll try GP3. i'll use this thread to describe my experience.

p.s. eric - I know they're sufficient, what I want to know is - will GP3 actually run on them?

Date: January 18, 2013 12:09AM
ipswich2007 écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...
>
> p.s. eric - I know they're sufficient, what I want
> to know is - will GP3 actually run on them?

I don't know. Just try and test it ;)
More seriously, I didn't try yet GP3 on my amd64 (with TV screen). I will have a go on it but not before February. For me, the only reasons it couldn't run are multicore proc (don't forget to check CPU to 0 in GPxPatch ) and an incompatible res screen considering that both of them didn't exist when GP3 was released twelve years ago.

Date: January 18, 2013 08:40AM
yup 0 in gpxpatch, had that anyways.

sometimes i think it would be better to buy a machine off ebay from 10 years ago lol and just keep it for GP3 :P

anyway, SHOULD turn up today and I'll report my findings.

thanks for replying

Date: January 18, 2013 07:08PM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
I agree with your final idea. It seems that the best the PC is and the worst Gp3 runs...
I live in fear too...what will happen to Gp3 when my Penthium IV 2.8GHz Win 2k will finish his life?
So i use it only to play Gp3, no update, no Internet connction, nothing, only Gp3. And i hope...
Bye
Date: January 19, 2013 02:26PM
okay girls and guys - it works! :D

ultra low PO, graphics bril & tracks working.

thanks all for previous help

Date: January 19, 2013 02:37PM
later i will upload some screenshots to show the game in action

Date: January 20, 2013 09:34PM
ipswich2007 écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> okay girls and guys - it works! :D
>
> ultra low PO, graphics bril & tracks working.
>
> thanks all for previous help

That's cool.I'm very glad for you. :-)

Date: January 20, 2013 09:47PM
+1 ...after a long way

"Oiııo.
Pilot Pirx
Date: January 22, 2013 05:20PM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
Great!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy