Same question's probably been asked before but...

Posted by Incident 2k9 
...GP3 isn't running so well on Windows 7.

I have the settings on the following:

Compatibility mode: Win 98/ME
On GPxPatch, CPU is set to 0
I moved the folder to Program Files (x86), and obviously I've got the No-CD patch and v1.13.

I run it via GPxPatch, with skip intro, and all I get is a picture of Esteban Tuero with a rather strange cross-hatched kind of effect. I pressed space, and it leads me to the Graphics calibration thing.

The graphics calibration set-up runs twice, both in a psychedelic colour scheme that looks more like Jimi Hendrix' vomit. The third time, I get the lights then it CTDs.

Is anyone able to help with this? Thanks :)

EDIT: If I press right and hit 'space' multiple times, I can get into a race. The menu doesn't change at any point, I still get the Tuero screen. But despite the race running smoothly it's still in the crazy colour scheme.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2012 12:57AM by Incident 2k9.
A regular issue with GP3/4 and w7. You can take a look at this thread. You got quite everything you need from the step by step to install the game to the reason why w7 doesn't like GPx and how to solve it.

I think you also got a graphic card issue. To resume this you should go into the graphic options of the game and make the calibration manualy ( you can also use the test button in that page to help you). If you got a dual screen graphic card and are using GP3 (not 2000 add-on) there's a patch to resume the GC calibr at the start of the game. You can find it with the search option of the forum, that was an answer by BellofFanClub at the beginning of this year.

(we assume you know the space bar remains the same as the left clic of your mouse and that you can change selections with arrows pad)

EricMoinet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A regular issue with GP3/4 and w7. You can take a
> look at this thread. You got quite everything you
> need from the step by step to install the game to
> the reason why w7 doesn't like GPx and how to
> solve it.
>
> I think you also got a graphic card issue. To
> resume this you should go into the graphic options
> of the game and make the calibration manualy ( you
> can also use the test button in that page to help
> you). If you got a dual screen graphic card and
> are using GP3 (not 2000 add-on) there's a patch to
> resume the GC calibr at the start of the game. You
> can find it with the search option of the forum,
> that was an answer by BellofFanClub at the
> beginning of this year.
>
> (we assume you know the space bar remains the same
> as the left clic of your mouse and that you can
> change selections with arrows pad)

Thanks for the help...I'll try and have a go at this.

Yeah, I'm using the space bar because despite the menu effectively functioning as it would, the screen doesn't actually change at all. So I might be able to get into the graphics menu, but I wouldn't really know it because I'd still have Esteban Tuero's face staring out at me.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy