Chequered Flag Problem

Posted by villafan 
Chequered Flag Problem
Date: June 05, 2012 12:58AM
Posted by: villafan
Hello all,

Decided to reinstall GP3 this weekend and am blown away by how good this game remains :)

Having installed a few tracks I've come across a small problem. At the end of a session, instead of seeing the guy waving the chequered flag I instead see the pit wall canopies the team members sit in. I reckon I've overwritten a file by accident or something along those lines. I have the original game files read to go so I just need someone to kindly point me towards the files that represent the chequered flag waver. Is it one of the jam files in jamsH folder I need to look at.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Chequered Flag Problem
Date: June 05, 2012 11:01AM
Posted by: pirx
ahoi,

use JamEditor to exchange BMPs in:

gp3jams/Main/chequ1-8.jam
gp3jamsH/Main/chequ1-8.jam
gp3jams/Genjam/Podgen04.jam
gp3jamsH/Genjam/Podgen04.jam

cheers!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2012 11:10AM by pirx.
Date: June 05, 2012 04:34PM
Thanks for the reply.

I've found this morning that the problem relates only to the reduced belini tracks kindly posted here;

[www.grandprixgames.org]

On the default tracks there is no problem, I also checked the jam files listed above and they look good. Maybe some else has come across this problem.
Date: June 05, 2012 04:36PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
this problem happens to many tracks, i have no idea what it is exactly. when you finish the race you may see buildings or other parts of the track replacing the marshalls on track.

-------------------------------
Date: June 07, 2012 12:16AM
Ok, thanks mate, funny bug :)
Date: June 07, 2012 02:37PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Couldn't it be an issue due to the use of reserved jam ids by some other stuff ?

Date: June 07, 2012 07:54PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
shouldn't be a matter of just jam id because in some races i've seen the pit boxes which is a 3D object with multiple jams. in monza i usually see the building of the pit exit allover the place and so on.

-------------------------------
Date: June 08, 2012 12:56AM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Wow ! Sounds weird !! :-o

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2012 01:36AM by EricMoinet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy