Setting the Starting Grid

Posted by degas 
Setting the Starting Grid
Date: April 28, 2012 12:13PM
Posted by: degas
Some racing car series uses race results to define starting grids. For example, in GP2 Series the grid for Sprint Race (the Sunday's races) are defined by inverting the positions 1st to 8th and setting all other positions according the Longer (Saturday´s) race.

You can do this in GP3 using "GridForSprintRace".

This small spreadsheet generates a performance file that forces GP3 to accept a predefined starting grid by using a race result, as in GP2 and other series. To do this, you just need to have a "race results" text file and a GP3 Edit performance file.
The spreedsheet will generate another perfomance file that is equals to the original one, except by the qualifgying grip and power data. When using these new values, GP3 place the cars into the starting grid just as defined by you.
You can set tha starting grid in three different ways: by using the race result, by inverting the race results or by inverting only the positions from 1st to 8th (as in GP2 races).

[www.grandprixgames.org]
Re: Setting the Starting Grid
Date: April 28, 2012 03:27PM
Posted by: ArniV8
Fantastic!!!!!:-)
Date: October 08, 2013 06:23AM
Posted by: evroic
it did not work with me !!!!

Evandro ( Brazil )
Date: October 08, 2013 10:53AM
Posted by: shlund
(Y) Good idea... (Y)
Date: October 08, 2013 10:19PM
Hi all !!!

I would like to know if this file worked with someone...

I tried to understand it, but all the formulas are hidden.

I hope to see it working and use it to my races...

Evandro ( Brazil )
Date: October 27, 2013 03:48PM
Hi Evandro.

You can tell me in portuguese about your doubts.
Date: October 27, 2013 05:36PM
Olá Degas !!!!

Eu baixei a planilha e tentei faze-la funcionar de acordo com as orientações explanadas onde pede-se que somente seja inseridas informações nos locais apropriados.

Fiz algumas alterações de informações, tais como a troca de nome de equipe e motor para ver se funcionava.... mas não obtive resultado...

Percebi que as fórmulas estão ocultas e assim fiquei sem saber como é o mecanismo da mesma....

Poderia checar se a mesma funciona e enviar-me através de e-mail ou publica-la aqui mesmo no fórum ?

Seria interessante junto a mesma anexar 1 ou 2 exemplos para que ao inserirmos dentro da planilha pudesse notar seu funcionamento, assim como as fórmulas empregadas ( se puder ).

Sem dúvida é um bom trabalho e fiquei muito interessado nele.

Fico no aguardo,

Abraços

Meu e-mail é: evroic@gmail.com

Evandro ( Brazil )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2013 05:37PM by evroic.
Date: November 13, 2013 02:42PM
Se você possui o Microsoft Excel, e tiver mais familiaridade com esta ferramenta, você pode salvar a planilha no formato xls ou xlsx.

Mas não há erro; acabei de testar.

Suponha que você tem um arquivo de performance do GP3 edit (por exemplo worldseries.gp3). Abra usando o GP3Edit e salve as performances num arquivo texto (por exemplo performance.txt). Faça a corrida de sábado e imprima os resultados num arquivo texto (por exemplo results.txt). Lembre-se de sua posição de chegada.

Abra a planilha. Há células amarelas, e somente elas devem ser alteradas. Copie o arquivo results.txt e cole a partir da primeira célula amarela do lado esquerdo. Copie o arquivo performance.txt e cole a partir da primeira célula amarela do lado direito.

Role a planilha e, abaixo, veja as células laranja. Copie-as. É o seu novo arquivo de performance. Salve num arquivo texto (por exemplo perfornaceSunday.txt).

Abra o Gp3Edit e importe este arquivo de performance. Depois exporte para o jogo.

Entre no jogo e selecione quick race. Configure sua própria posição de largada de acordo com sua posição de chegada na corrida de sábado.

Isto é tudo.
-------------------------------
If you have Microsoft Excel, and your familiarity is greater in this tool, youi can save this spreadshet in xls or xlsx format.

However, there is no mistake. I've just tested.

Lets suppose you have a GP3 Edit performance file (e.g. worldseries.gp3). Open it using GP3Edit and save drivers performances into a text file (e.g. performance.txt). Do the saturday race and print the race results into a text file (e.g. results.txt). You have to remember your own position in the race.

Open the spreadshet. There is some yellow cells, and these are the only ones you have to update. Copy and paste the results.txt file beggining in the first yellow cell on the left. Copy and paste the performance.txt file beggining in the first yellow cell on the right.

Roll down the spreadshet and see, bellow, the orange cells. Copy them. This is your new performance file. Save it into a text file (e.g. performanceSunday.txt).

Open GP3Edit and import this performance file. After this, export to the game.

Start the game and select quick race. Configure your own start position according your saturday race position.

Thats all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2013 09:43PM by degas.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy