Black screen when starting GP3 [fixed]

Posted by Milan655 
Black screen when starting GP3 [fixed]
Date: March 19, 2012 09:23PM
Posted by: Milan655
Hi, I get a blank/black screen each time I start the game. GP3 has the 1.13 patch and a nocd decrypted patch with it, as well as a GP3Edit carset. This is on Windows 7 64 bit. If anyone can help me out, I will be extremely thankful, as I was quite disappointed when I reinstalled this since I got a new computer :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2012 12:09AM by mortal.
Re: Black screen when starting GP3
Date: March 19, 2012 11:52PM
Posted by: meanmc
Did you try to start the game a second time? If i start the game (at the first attempt), it is always just a "black screen", but then i try it a second time and it works... so, i have to start the game always a second time, because at the first try it is not working! strange, but as i know it, it is no problem at all...
Date: March 20, 2012 01:31AM
Posted by: mortal
If you have sufficient HD space, make an XP 32bit partition and use a boot manager. Or install on an XP rig, once working copy the dir to the new rig and test.
Make sure the executables properties, (gp4 & gpx) are all set to XP SP2 or 3, set cpu to 0 in gpx and verbosity to high so an error log is created on a crash. Run the execs in admin mode. Test. Report.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 21, 2012 10:28PM
Posted by: Milan655
Got it working by restarting the computer and running it in Admin with XP SP2. Almost tried the Partition after being frustrated for half an hour, but got it in the end. Thanks for the help anyway ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy