Tutorial:How to find GP4Tweaker coordinates for tyres and rear_light_on?

Posted by Excalibur 
Hello!

I see a lot of people asking for tyres coordinates or rear_light_on coordinates for GP4Tweaker. So, here are my advices before to ask in threads or by PM:
1- Please, check the "readme" file, first. Many authors put the tyres and others coordinates of their cars inside it.
2- If you don't find them, follow this tutorial:

EDIT: New tool to convert TeamEditor coordinates for GP4 Tweaker
Gezere made a simple tool to convert TeamEditor coordinates into GP4 tweaker coordinates automatically. This is a xls format (Microsoft Excel). You can easily convert Helmets, Steering Wheels and Tyres coordinates:
Link: Teditor_Tweaker by Gezere

I- How to find tyres coordinates for GP4Tweaker?

2 Methods:

1- With Team Editor.

First of all, check into your gp4tweak.ini file: Tyrepos= 1 (if not, change the value 0 to 1 and save)
Team Editor (by Lo2K) is required: [www.realgpx.com]

1- open Team Editor, click on your car (team)
2- use V (virtual view) , click on Positions and move your right front and right rear wheel to get the values for this car by maintaining the left click and moving the mouse into X,Y or Z boxes ( Use the right window to see your changes in real time)
3- Then, divide these values by 100 to get the values for GP4Tweaker.

Example:
70 for Team Editor =0.70000 for GP4Tweaker
23 for Team Editor =0.23000 for GP4Tweaker
144 for Team Editor =1.14000 for GP4Tweaker
-183 for Team Editor =-1.83000 for GP4Tweaker
etc...

So your coordinates for GP4Tweaker (tyrepos.ini) will be: X, Z, Y (from Team Editor) and not X, Y, Z (beware of this)
For example, for your right front wheel, into Team Editor:
X=70 ( 0.70000 for GP4Tweaker)
Y=114 (1.14000 for GP4Tweaker)
Z= -23 (-0.23000 for GP4Tweaker )

The coordinates for your right front wheel into GP4Tweaker (tyrepos.ini) will be:
FrontRight = 0.70000, -0.23000, 1.14000 (X, Z, Y)
and FrontLeft =-0.70000, -0.23000, 1.14000 (don't forget the "-" for the X coordinates, for FrontLeft and RearLeft)

2- With RT Edit (gp4tweak.ini)

Look at this thread for more details and explanations: [www.grandprixgames.org]

PS: Don't forget to report the values of the car1 for the car2 also.

II- How to find rear_light_on coordinates for GP4Tweaker? ( rearlight.ini file [REAR_LIGHT_AMBIENT01_POS] coordinates)

First, check into your gp4tweak.ini file that RearLightBrake = 1 and that AmbientPos = 1

There are 2 methods to find the rearlight ambient position for your rear_light_on object (used in game when it rains and when you brake)

1- With Zmodeler

I prefer this method because more precise...

1- Open your car with Zmodeler and disable all the objects , excepted rear_light_on.
2- Choose the right view
3- Put your mouse just at the extremity of the rear_light_object (middle height)
4- check the values at the bottom of the window (x,y and z) and report these values into GP4Tweaker (rearlight.ini)

See step by step here:

2- With GP4Builder
1- Open your car with GP4Builder
2- Double-click on "Scenes 1". Then double-click on "Scene1 28"
3- Click on rear_light_on object, check the values into the right window (center coordinates)
Example:
for center, you see X=0 Y=-2.444 Z=-0.213
So the coordinates for GP4Tweaker (rearlight.ini) will be : = 0.0000, -0.2130, -2.4440 (X, Z, Y)

PS: Don't forget to report the values of the car1 for the car2 also.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 13 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2011 12:30PM by Excalibur.
Fantastic, the rear light position always had me stumped. Thanks Excalibur.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Superb tuto. Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
And how can we find by ourself the coordinates if the car creator doesn't give them ?
For example, NickJW never gives them for the Virgin, Sauber, Force India,....
Errr..... Did you read the tutorial?! (I)

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Yes, I've readed it but I think you don't understand me.
I know how to export ingame the coordinates of a car (thanks to Excalibur;-)) but if I don't have those coordinates...
For example, can you fit the tyre wheel positions of Mpad's FW33 ???
He didn't give us a readme.txt file with the coordinates...
BrunoW écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, I've readed it but I think you don't
> understand me.
> I know how to export ingame the coordinates of a
> car (thanks to Excalibur;-)) but if I don't have
> those coordinates...
> For example, can you fit the tyre wheel positions
> of Mpad's FW33 ???
> He didn't give us a readme.txt file with the
> coordinates...

Salut Bruno!

In this tutorial, I don't explain only how to export the coordinates into the ini files for GP4tweaker but how to find these coordinates when you don't know them. That was the aim of this tutorial ;-)
Look at the method explained with Team Editor for the tyres (1- and 2-) . Same thing for the rear_light_on with zmodeler (1-,2-,3-,4-) or GP4Builder (1-,2-,3-)

If you don't understand, I will make a tutorial in french on GP4Facile. :-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2011 01:31PM by Excalibur.
This is a good tutorial on tweaker - if you still can't work out what the correct co-ordinates are, sometimes it's just a case of trial and error with gp4tweaker until it looks ok for you - minus figures move the wheel, helmet, steering wheel etc back or down depending on which axis you are changing and any increase to the co-ordinates moves the selected item forward or upwards, - again depending on the axis used
I think that with this tutorial you can avoid long, fastidious and frustrating trials and errors... with RT Edit also ;-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2011 01:56PM by Excalibur.
How to find the onboard camera position and onboard camera projection`s coordinates for GP4Tweaker? Actually I have a camera .car file ready which the teameditor reads properly , I can see the cameras position in the tabs , the same positions which appear ingame . However I have been tried to create a tweaker coordinates for CSM MOD using this camera .car file that I already have . What I should do to convert teameditor camera coordinates in gp4teaker data ? I tried a tool called gp4_camera_grabber_11 but it didn`t work well , the team editor imported the coordinates but when exported in a file called untitled tweaker coordinates , the values were wrong .
Thanks in advance

Ricardo
rracunis écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How to find the onboard camera position and
> onboard camera projection`s coordinates for
> GP4Tweaker? Actually I have a camera .car file
> ready which the teameditor reads properly , I can
> see the cameras position in the tabs , the same
> positions which appear ingame . However I have
> been tried to create a tweaker coordinates for CSM
> MOD using this camera .car file that I already
> have . What I should do to convert teameditor
> camera coordinates in gp4teaker data ? I tried a
> tool called gp4_camera_grabber_11 but it didn`t
> work well , the team editor imported the
> coordinates but when exported in a file called
> untitled tweaker coordinates , the values were
> wrong .
> Thanks in advance
>
> Ricardo

Did you edit Onboardcamera.ini file into Gp4tweak_data folder with your values ?
If yes, did you edit the gp4tweak.ini file and put "1" for Onboard Camera ?

PS: To get it to work, your gp4tweak_data folder (with all the tweak.ini files inside) must be into your main GP4 folder.
The gp4tweak.ini file must be placed into your main GP4 folder (not inside the gp4tweak_data foder)

Edit:First post updated: I put a link to Teditor_Tweaker by Gezere to easily convert TeamEditor coordinates for GP4Tweaker.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2011 12:32PM by Excalibur.
Hi Excalibur ,

Thanks for your reply .
I had the Teditor_Tweaker by Gezere but he explained how to convert the tyres coordinates only , I was not sucessful to convert the cameras coordinates using it .
After I got the untitled file which was taken from the teameditor , I edited my onboard.ini and viewangle.ini inserting the new values but ingame the positions were completely different than those ones I wanted . Yes I put 1 for onboard camera and , for instance , if I edit the onboard.ini with any another value , the MOD recognizes well , works properly as I want .
Actually I would like to learn how to export the values from the teameditor to the desktop ( or any another place ) because with these correct values I am able to modify manually into the MOD .
Anyway I will try to put the gp4tweak_data folder into your main GP4 folder as you advised me .
Thanks again I will do my best to fix it .

Ricardo
Solved !
Thanks

Ricardo
How can i find correct tyre positions with gp4 builder?
Two methods for tyres with GP4 Builder.

Method 1:
1) Open the car in GP4 Builder
2) Create a new scene and, into this new scene, import a front tyre model. (car_wheel_front_lod_0.gp4)
3) Move the new scene around until the tyre is in the correct place.
4) Go into the new scene, click on the 'F_wheel_R_OuterRim' and have a look at it's Centre Position.
5) That number should be close to what you need, and then you do what Excalibur says for the Rear Light.
6) Repeat for a Rear tyre model. (car_wheel_rear_lod_0.gp4)
7) You only need to do one wheel on each side, just invert the X-Coordinate. If your front left wheel is X = -0.7500, your front right is X = 0.7500 etc.

Method 2:
1) Open the car in GP4 Builder.
2) Get the Centre Position of each Brakeglow object.
3) That number should be close to what you need, and then you do what Excalibur says for the Rear Light.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy