ZMODELER BUG! Car is completely white or black after loading textures from time to time!

Posted by TGF1DRIVER 
Hello guys! Well, as you already can read in the headline something is wrong with ZModeler when loading different textures. Z3D-Files and tga-files are in the same folder. After opening ZModeler (v1.07b) loading textures the first time everything works fine, maybe also the second time and third time. But after a few times, often already at the second time, the complete car gets white or black, sometimes also white and black together. It doesn't matter which texture I try to load, it just can happen at any texture I choose. I'm using a personal template which probably has no one else, but I can't imagine that the bug is in the template because it worked fine for more than a year. But also ZModeler did and I really haven't changed anything there, so I really have a big problem now because I don't know what the problem could be. I have to design 30 cars until December 10 (very latest date December 12), but I have only finished 4 of them at the moment. The deadline gets closer and closer and the technical problems get bigger and bigger. So please help me! THANKS!

TGF1DRIVER
When you load your .z3d model, into material editor, verify that:
1- "Unused" is selected into Type
2- the primary texture is well loaded into your material slot
3- the name of the assigned texture in Material editor is the same than the texture stored into your textures folder. (example: the texture name and extension is mclaren_1.tga. Into material editor slot, the name of the material should be mclaren_1.tga. If your texture name and extension is hi_mclaren_1.tga, the material name is mclaren_1.tga... always without prefix.

Look if all your material Editor type slots are set on "unused" and not "glowing" and look at your material slot names and textures names.

If all is ok but that you still get some issues, please post a screen of the Material Editor window...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, "Unused" is set there, the texture are loaded and there is no prefix. The error gets even weirder and weirder. I opened ZModeler and loaded four different textures (carbon, glass, 1 and 3), that's one car. Then I loaded texture 1 for the second car and everything was black, except the glass. Then I reloaded the same glass texture and texture 1 apperas again, glass is still there like it was before, but texture 3 and carbon are still black. What now? You will get a screenshot soon if I succeed to log in at Mediafire again....
Edit: First of all: "Also if You have something wrong with 3DView like missing of textures, then you should switch Modeler to software mode, by selecting RGB Emulation in Device menu and adjusting custom setting for that mode. "

Ok. You should check 3 things:
1- Select the whole car:Into the menu Edit/ Attributes and check the number of faces and vertices. your car model shouldn't exceed more than 60000 faces max and 50000 vertices (limits recommended)
2- Look at the UV Mapping for each material used where issues happen: Select the whole car. Then, in faces mode, Select/ By material(when choosing the material, the mapped faces become red). Then surface/ mapping/ Assign UV (check that SEL button is activated) and click left on one of the red faces. Choose the UV Mapper window and check that the UV mapping of the selected material is into the square and that the mapping fits well regarding parts and texture.

If all is correct but that textures don't appear correctly, it could be double faces objects issues or a too many faces issues that Zmodeler can't handle.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2016 01:55AM by Excalibur.
Selecting RGB Emulation Mode might have been the solution. I have tried for five times and there was no error anymore. I hope that will stay. Thank you so far.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy