Date: April 04, 2011 02:06PM
Posted by: NickJW
Hello Community

I present you here 3 2011 cars:

Lotus:

Mclaren:

Renault:

Converted by me from the F1MG2011 Mod to GP4

I wanna thank f1ligue.com, Nschumacher and PC-MODEL for giving permission to me to release the cars for gp4.
There are now lower lods included so if anyone wants to make them go ahead!

Download link:
[www.megaupload.com]

Nick

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
thanks nick finally a good mp4\26 for gp4 :) :) thanks a lot,by the way does anyone tweaker positions for this cars?

Greetings
Alessio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2011 04:38PM by Alessio88.
Alessio88 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> thanks nick finally a good mp4\26 for gp4 :) :)
> thanks a lot,by the way does anyone tweaker
> positions for this cars?
>
> Greetings
> Alessio

shame,the car it's white as you can see in the screenshoot,i've even tryed to use lod_0 only,there is nothing i can do to fix it please?thanks

[img27.imageshack.us]

Greetings
Alessio
that has to do with your settings, try to put your car texture thingy in GP4 graphics options to 'high', that will 99% sure fix it
Syping-Shark Wrote:
> that has to do with your settings, try to put your
> car texture thingy in GP4 graphics options to
> 'high', that will 99% sure fix it

it is already set to high,in fact if i select the car i can see the textures fine,but if i select another car,i see the macca completly white :(
Are you using other lower lods? and are you selecting "Force best carshapes" in Team Editor?
Thanks, carshapes are quite good but sadly textures are not..however they are good enough until better ones are been made :)
davidm Wrote:
> Are you using other lower lods? and are you
> selecting "Force best carshapes" in Team Editor?

from the lod0 i've made the other 3 lod's named lod_1,lod_2 and so on,i don't use team editor because i'm using a csm mod.
The textures disappear, do you feel the same?
josekast Wrote:
> The textures disappear, do you feel the same?

yes, the shape rimaning,but the textatures disapper and the car become white
guys, the problem that you see white textures when you are viewing the car from other cars, is because i didn´t created lower lods.

PC:

Laptop:

NickJW escribió:
> guys, the problem that you see white textures when
> you are viewing the car from other cars, is
> because i didn´t created lower lods.

You mean?
I think it is by assigning textures to make the conversion from rFactor to GP4.
Isaint known to correct the problem.
so there is nothing to do for now?Isant if you read this please can you help us please??
there is. you can use the tutorial from Excalibur to create the lower lods.

PC:

Laptop:

I think we have answered a hundred of times about this problem....

The textures aren't shown correctly in game if the mapping isn't assigned correctly on the texture for the lod_0. No problem if you force lod_0 in game but if you duplicate lod_0 to get the other lods with a bad mapping, you'll see white cars in game.

Here is your mapping of the Team Lotus car:

So, you have to replace the mapping correctly on the texture:
1- Once you have assigned UV mapping and that it is out of the texture but some mapping is inside the texture, click on modify/move
2- click on the "Edges" button on the menu bar, click-right on the mapping
3- use the easy selector rectangle tool to select only the mapping to replace inside the texture.
4- move your mapping inside the texture.
5- click on the "object" button on the menu bar

It is done.

Next time, check the mapping.
There are other bugs on your car (I suppose it is the same on the other cars released). You have to map the mirrors so that they appear side by side vertically on the texture, then to create a copy of the mirrors and to attach them with the cockpit (mirrors shapes) otherwise, you will see the track through the mirrors shapes in game.
Don't make a copy of the lod_0 to get the lower lods but create lower lods from lod_0 (eventually, look at the tutorial I made to create lower lods)

The other problem on these cars are the normals: the shapes should look smoother and cleaner (no black spots on the shape without textures)

These cars have been converted too quickly, I think. And the textures are not good. You should repaint them and make new alpha layers.

Anyway,I gave you the solution to replace the mapping correctly on the textures. Now, it is up to you...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

thanks excalibur, when i have time i will try it

PC:

Laptop:

Hi,
Fix textures.
http://www.fileserve.com/file/qkYB8pb

I have fixed the problem of missing textures, renamed the textures, including the driver and modified rear shaft.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2011 11:51PM by josekast.
@Excalibur

That is what I thought so and praise you for the detailed instructions :)

To any one converting cars into GP4,

It is a very known issue while converting, so I would like to advise you to read Excalibur's instructions which is very detailed and very helpful :)

Race with no fear! - Gilles Villeneuve

josekast Wrote:
> Hi,
> Fix textures.
> [www.fileserve.com]
>
> I have fixed the problem of missing textures,
> renamed the textures, including the driver and
> modified rear shaft.

Hello Josè did you fixed only the lotus?

Greetings
Alessio
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy