Quickslick 2001 trackpack problem

Posted by mansell92 
Quickslick 2001 trackpack problem
Date: February 19, 2010 04:25PM
Posted by: mansell92
Hi guys,

I uninstalled GP4 yesterday and decided to start from scratch because my old installation was just a complete mess. I'm not using CSM, I just want to play in 2001 (inspired by the arrival of the Jag, Arrows and Minardi a couple of days ago).

So, I installed things one by one, and got the cars, gpxpatch, tweaker, loading screens etc all in perfectly, looking great! However, when I downloaded and installed Quickslick's 2001 t6rack pack from gp4db.com, I found that at Montreal and Interlagos especially, the grandstands are just hovering in mid air and kind of transparent. Everything else looks fine. I can't understand it, I didn't devaite from the instructions at all. Is this a known issue and is there a fix/remedy of some kind?

Cheers.
Re: Quickslick 2001 trackpack problem
Date: February 19, 2010 05:11PM
Posted by: quickslick
yes i think it's a bug on both tracks, i've noticed it too, but was not able to solve it, sorry
Date: February 19, 2010 11:20PM
Ok, at least I know it's not my system then :-)
Date: August 22, 2010 04:31PM
Posted by: SDG71
I finally found the solution to this problem.

After extracting the WAD-files with WadUpdater, I found a file called 'clouds-07.tex' in both WAD's. In both Interlagos and Montreal, this file appears in some way to be corrupted, which causes the graphical bugs. To solve the problem, just delete this file and replace it by another 'clouds-07.tex'-file from another wad to your liking. The graphical bug has gone and the grandstands are displayed correctly now!
Date: August 23, 2010 08:27PM
Thanks for sharing SDG but it didn't solve it on my rig, odd.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy