Autódromo da Madeira fantasy track v1.0 [RELEASED, link on page 4]

Posted by paranoik0 
Re: WIP Autódromo da Madeira fantasy track
Date: April 05, 2008 02:50AM
Posted by: paranoik0
new vid:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

rapidshizzle version (aka not-compressed-and-blurred-to-death version): [rapidshare.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2008 03:29AM by paranoik0.
FUDAS....nice
Great work !
Great atmosphere, nice long track.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Looks very good, seems to be a challenging track layout :)

CTDP 3D-Artist

looks like a fantastic track, well done!

X (@ed24f1)
I got bored of messing with it, so here it is. It's not perfect - but now it's released!

Download link: [www.megaupload.com]
(this is just a provisional link, I'd like to have this in all the major GP4 hosting sites, so you're free to copy this file and put it in your site)

===========================================================

Autódromo da Madeira v1.0

Description: This is a fictional track supposedly based on Madeira Island, Portugal. The circuit is
long (roughly 7km), made of long sections of both slow and quick corners, through small
villages and the ups and downs of the mountains. Top speeds are low due to the short
straights - which makes overtaking difficult. High concentration while driving is
needed, as the straights are too short to let you relax.

Author: paranoik0

Also includes work by the following Grandprixgames.org community members:

- Ruboy (CC-line and jip mappings)
- MarioB (grandstands and textures)
- b-tone (pitbuilding, pitstands, and many textures)
- TTM (garages, skydome and several textures)
- fongu (muppets)

Plus some textures and objects from Codemasters' TOCA Race Driver 3.

Many thanks to the mentioned community members for letting me use their work, to those who made all
the tools for editing GP4, and to those who helped me with tips while building the track - specially
Lo2K for developing GP4Builder and being always available to answer editing questions, and to Ruboy
for pointing out several issues that helped me improve the track. Also thanks to those who motivated
me to finish this, by bugging me to hurry up and release it. :) Finally thanks to Ali for researching
some things about tyre wear, I tried to incorporate these effects in the magic data, but I'm not too
sure if it went well.

Installation instructions with CSM/TSM:

1. Extract the "Madeira" folder into your ..\Grand Prix 4\Tracks folder.
2. Create or edit an existing track profile in TSM and include the Madeira track in a slot.
3. Select your track profile in CSM (note: if the mod you're using has a "track loading method"
option, and you have selected "only the current track", you need to make sure you placed the
track in the correct slot)
4. Press start

Installation instructions without CSM/TSM:

1. Copy "s1ct12.dat" into your ..\Grand Prix 4\Circuits folder. Remember to make a backup of the
original file.
2. Copy "hockenheim2001.wad" into your ..\Grand Prix 4 folder. Remember to make a backup of the
original file.
3. (optional) Rename "madeira.bmp" into "track12.bmp" and copy it into your
..\Grand Prix 4\MAPS\RESOURCES\Loading folder.
4. Use GpxPatch to start the game. Remember to check "Start GPx in debug mode" and Verbosity: High
before pressing "Start GPx".

Known issues:

- Track cameras are poor.
- s1ct12.dat will become very unstable if edited, which means if you try to change the track cameras,
for example, the game could crash.
- Couple of minor graphical bugs.
- .wad includes a lot of unused textures, if somehow one of your textures made it into there and I
didn't ask permission for it, I'm sorry.

Any questions, ask in the GPG forums ( [www.grandprixgames.org] ), or email me at
claudioalegria[NOSPAM]@gmail.com

WOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW THANKS!!!
Gonna download right now!!!!!!
Fantastic news of a fantastic track!
It rocks, thanx a lot!!
looks like an excellent track, downloading now!

X (@ed24f1)
this track is great, lovely textures and a challenging layout - will take me quite a while to learn, but its nice to drive, well done :)

Yeah very nice track, indeed the cams can better but the layout is a real challenge, good graphics and its a PLUS track much appreciated!
Here you are a Permanent RapidShare Link!
[rapidshare.com]

Enjoy, and thanks for the track!

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Thanks guys..
Great work ! Thanks paranoik0
Haven't been around here for a while so I'll post some nice words now before this thread gets lost :)

Very good a dedicated work indeed...you spend a lot of time and never tried to release it before everything was as good as possible....also by using help of other experienced track makers you increased quality so that we now have a 'complet' tarcks...well done :)

I'm interesting to download this track, but the link reports an error.

Can someone put here an updated link ?

Thanks in advance.
new link as requested :)

[www41.zippyshare.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy